
paskal
02-14 04:33 PM
folks,
please read this carefully if you are joining up:
no members are permitted without the following info-
name, phone number, location, general info (visa status, specialty etc)
please do not ask to join without providing this info, i may not have the time to ask you again for it subsequently!
we keep the info confidential. however we discuss sensitive issues in the group and lawmaker offices often do not want public disclosure. we have to be able to identify and trust our members. we also aim to know each other, often we can answer questions or provide suggestions.
thanks for understanding!
please read this carefully if you are joining up:
no members are permitted without the following info-
name, phone number, location, general info (visa status, specialty etc)
please do not ask to join without providing this info, i may not have the time to ask you again for it subsequently!
we keep the info confidential. however we discuss sensitive issues in the group and lawmaker offices often do not want public disclosure. we have to be able to identify and trust our members. we also aim to know each other, often we can answer questions or provide suggestions.
thanks for understanding!
gcformeornot
10-12 02:16 PM
My wife got her H1b in 2007 and she was working for the company for 1 year and then she delivered in Oct 08 and since Oct 2008 she's on maternity leave. She was supposed to join back but because of the downturn her employer asked to extend the maternity leave and its an year almost. During this whole period her employer is ok and he has not removed her job. Is my wife is in status? I read on the web that the maternity leave is mutual as long as the employer and employee exists its ok. But my question is that is there a time limit on that. Also she's not getting paid for the full year when she was on maternity leave. The state remains the same now also. So what are right steps to do.....
Change to H4 till the employer asks to join back and then change to H1?
Please suggest
maternity leave can only be justified for maybe 3-4 months after delivery.... I think she is out of status. If there is no job, change status to H4 or something.....
Change to H4 till the employer asks to join back and then change to H1?
Please suggest
maternity leave can only be justified for maybe 3-4 months after delivery.... I think she is out of status. If there is no job, change status to H4 or something.....
shana04
02-01 10:47 AM
Hey Shana,
I hv sent you a PM.
If you could check that.
Thanks
please check your PM
I hv sent you a PM.
If you could check that.
Thanks
please check your PM
javadeveloper
08-31 09:55 AM
I am working for a very good Indian company and I worked for 3 very bad Indian companies.I feel the real difference between Good and Bad companies.With good company you never have to worry about your salary and legal things.With bad company you always have to worry about those things.
more...
Kitiara
09-06 04:50 AM
I like that footer as well - very nice. :)
I'd say for Photoshop expertise, ask the two guys who seem to know it inside out. Dan, vts31, I'm talking about you. :)
I'd say for Photoshop expertise, ask the two guys who seem to know it inside out. Dan, vts31, I'm talking about you. :)
va_labor2002
09-24 05:44 PM
Dear Core Team and other Members,
Rajiv Chandrasekaran is an assistant managing editor of The Washington Post, where he has worked since 1994. He lives in Washington, D.C.
He had published an article on the Sept 17 Washington Post Main Page.He is a well known reporter in DC area. I think he is originally from India. If you search his name in google ,you will get lot of hits !
I sent an email to him ,requesting to publish an article on legal immigration issues. Please send him an email. Also, please send some documents and real stories to his address by Post. email id is : rajiv@washpost.com
Contact Rajiv Chandrasekaran at:
The Washington Post
1150 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20071
(202) 334-6000
rajiv@washpost.com
Rajiv Chandrasekaran is an assistant managing editor of The Washington Post, where he has worked since 1994. He lives in Washington, D.C.
He had published an article on the Sept 17 Washington Post Main Page.He is a well known reporter in DC area. I think he is originally from India. If you search his name in google ,you will get lot of hits !
I sent an email to him ,requesting to publish an article on legal immigration issues. Please send him an email. Also, please send some documents and real stories to his address by Post. email id is : rajiv@washpost.com
Contact Rajiv Chandrasekaran at:
The Washington Post
1150 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20071
(202) 334-6000
rajiv@washpost.com
more...
imm_pro
08-18 01:53 PM
The change of status from H4 to H1 is usually effective from OCT 1..so the H4 visa is no longer valid..
eager_immi
07-16 02:39 PM
yup they came first in the nascar race last year
Hello,
Is the Nebraska Service Center fast or is there any other center that is fast. I am filing 140 and 485 together so kindly advice. Also, I would be getting married in 5 months in India and my Wife would come with me after that. Can I include her after she comes here? Is there anything that I would be aware off. Please advice. Thanks!
Hello,
Is the Nebraska Service Center fast or is there any other center that is fast. I am filing 140 and 485 together so kindly advice. Also, I would be getting married in 5 months in India and my Wife would come with me after that. Can I include her after she comes here? Is there anything that I would be aware off. Please advice. Thanks!
more...
sweet_jungle
01-10 06:17 PM
What do you mean by
"Can an attorney force me to file AC-21 even if i dont want to?"
Are you asking if the attorney would file the change of employment letter?
Please clarify your question
What I am trying to say is if the attorney prefers Ac-21 filing without waiting for RFE, while I may want to wait for RFE if i am sure sponsoring employer wont withdraw 140, whose word will prevail?
"Can an attorney force me to file AC-21 even if i dont want to?"
Are you asking if the attorney would file the change of employment letter?
Please clarify your question
What I am trying to say is if the attorney prefers Ac-21 filing without waiting for RFE, while I may want to wait for RFE if i am sure sponsoring employer wont withdraw 140, whose word will prevail?
leo2606
09-26 10:21 PM
It may be a silly question, can some one tell me what is the difference between EB3-ROW and EB-3?
more...
ns007
02-13 02:39 PM
One of my friends got his passport back in 6th week.
I would say, be persistent in contacting them. They are not very good at getting back to people - no accountability. Send emails and fax explaining your situation ....twice a day until they reply back.
Hello Friends,
My current passport is expiring in Jun 07. I have applied for passport renewal at Indian Embassy (Washington D.C.) in 3rd week of Jan 07 via courier. I may have to travel urgently to India by end of this month. Just wondering if anyone recently got their passport renewed at DC and what was the duration. It will help me to take the decision about departure date. Unfortunately DC is 5 hours drive from where I live. I am not sure even if take a day off and drive to DC to collect the passport they will even give it to me on the same day. Multiple attempts to contact DC office via phone/email were not helpful. No one picks the phone and their voice mail system is always full. Any advise on what I should to do know status of my passport renewal would be appreciated.
Thank you,
------------------------
P.S : Yes, I have contributed to IV :)
I would say, be persistent in contacting them. They are not very good at getting back to people - no accountability. Send emails and fax explaining your situation ....twice a day until they reply back.
Hello Friends,
My current passport is expiring in Jun 07. I have applied for passport renewal at Indian Embassy (Washington D.C.) in 3rd week of Jan 07 via courier. I may have to travel urgently to India by end of this month. Just wondering if anyone recently got their passport renewed at DC and what was the duration. It will help me to take the decision about departure date. Unfortunately DC is 5 hours drive from where I live. I am not sure even if take a day off and drive to DC to collect the passport they will even give it to me on the same day. Multiple attempts to contact DC office via phone/email were not helpful. No one picks the phone and their voice mail system is always full. Any advise on what I should to do know status of my passport renewal would be appreciated.
Thank you,
------------------------
P.S : Yes, I have contributed to IV :)
shirish
09-11 11:17 AM
Any one who did not send the medicals with the I-485 application, got RFE yet?
more...
masti_Gai
11-07 12:43 PM
Just write a letter addressing the Immigration Officer stating that you reside in xyz area, work for ABC company and you take all the responsibilities like boarding , lodging and traveling expenses of your parents.
Do give them your phone no. so that they can call you and verify in case if they want to.
That would suffice:)
Do give them your phone no. so that they can call you and verify in case if they want to.
That would suffice:)
eastindia
04-26 02:14 PM
Why did we all come to USA?
Did any of you knew the Green card problems when you came?
Did you know the problems when you applied for greencard many years ago?
When was the first time you found out there was a ling wait period and so many problems?
Did any of you knew the Green card problems when you came?
Did you know the problems when you applied for greencard many years ago?
When was the first time you found out there was a ling wait period and so many problems?
more...

WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC
07-24 09:12 AM
xbcsd
MetteBB
05-11 01:39 PM
im redoing some of them.... Think the blackberry one is ok tho... no? =)
/mette
/mette
more...
shana04
01-31 11:58 PM
Friends,
Please let me know any good Immigration attorney to transfer my pending 485 case.
Would you recommned Murthy or Rajiv khanna, they seem to be bit expensive. Are they good at returning calls and answering queries. Gurus, your opinion please.
Thanks in advance.
Please let me know any good Immigration attorney to transfer my pending 485 case.
Would you recommned Murthy or Rajiv khanna, they seem to be bit expensive. Are they good at returning calls and answering queries. Gurus, your opinion please.
Thanks in advance.
testtesttest
07-17 06:32 PM
just called her and thanked her for her efforts.
ksrk
02-13 04:36 AM
Dilip,
In all your comments, you said nothing of your PD or EB category or your country of birth for that matter. It is difficult for anyone to quell your anxiety without that information. Check with your (or any) immigration attorney for a more substantial answer.
The bottom line is that a visa number should be available when it comes time to adjudicate your case, meaning that your PD should be current at the time the officer picks up your case AND a visa number available for him/her to assign to you (and your dependents, if you have any).
Else, the I-485 processing date means nothing, as has been stated by other members earlier. Yes, retrogression sucks!
In all your comments, you said nothing of your PD or EB category or your country of birth for that matter. It is difficult for anyone to quell your anxiety without that information. Check with your (or any) immigration attorney for a more substantial answer.
The bottom line is that a visa number should be available when it comes time to adjudicate your case, meaning that your PD should be current at the time the officer picks up your case AND a visa number available for him/her to assign to you (and your dependents, if you have any).
Else, the I-485 processing date means nothing, as has been stated by other members earlier. Yes, retrogression sucks!
santosh08872
02-24 07:30 AM
Hi,
I am on H1B and applied my I485 in 06/2007 with PD of 07/2002 EB3 India. Currently my H1B is valid till 11/2009. My employer wants to revoke my H1B and continue on EAD.There is a RFE on my case and according to my employer, USCIS have asked my employer, whether they still have the position opened or not, along with my job duties etc. I am on project so job side no problem.
Do you people see any problem revoking the H1 at this stage?
Thanks
Santosh
I am on H1B and applied my I485 in 06/2007 with PD of 07/2002 EB3 India. Currently my H1B is valid till 11/2009. My employer wants to revoke my H1B and continue on EAD.There is a RFE on my case and according to my employer, USCIS have asked my employer, whether they still have the position opened or not, along with my job duties etc. I am on project so job side no problem.
Do you people see any problem revoking the H1 at this stage?
Thanks
Santosh
indyanguy
01-30 07:59 AM
Bumping for help . Thanks
No comments:
Post a Comment