solraj
03-19 01:24 PM
Check with the employer and the designated lawyer if they received a notice saying 140 denied.If not check with your employer and see how the trend is wrt 140 approvals recently if anyone got approvals or any denials if yes is it an Ability to pay or Education.Either way you can file a Motion to reopen for both 140 and 485.I believe it has to be done in 30 days. So you should really rush getting this done.I would advise doing it from a very experienced lawyer than the actual lawyer who filed your original cae.
sonia_sd
10-19 07:13 PM
You don't need SSN to apply for a passport for a baby. PIO card takes about two weeks to process in SFO. I dont think there is any fast processing available for PIO.
Just currect your statement, SSN is mandatory for Passport issuance. Pls check the current guidelines.
Just currect your statement, SSN is mandatory for Passport issuance. Pls check the current guidelines.
ashres11
04-28 05:12 PM
Friend,
I did google search to find email address ends with @dol.gov and did mass emailing to all of them and finally they started invetigation on my previous employer and he is now behind federal bar.
I did google search to find email address ends with @dol.gov and did mass emailing to all of them and finally they started invetigation on my previous employer and he is now behind federal bar.
karthikdurai
02-01 09:11 PM
Thanks MC thats a valid Point.
There are 2 reasons that I thought of for not applying / renewing.
1) I'm not planning on going anywhere after / atleast for a year.
2) My wife's AP filed last year took Six months to get approved and what happens if you fly out while your AP is pending / sent for renewal. I read in this forum, not fly out, while you AP is pending.
Appreciate your time.
Regards
Karthik
There are 2 reasons that I thought of for not applying / renewing.
1) I'm not planning on going anywhere after / atleast for a year.
2) My wife's AP filed last year took Six months to get approved and what happens if you fly out while your AP is pending / sent for renewal. I read in this forum, not fly out, while you AP is pending.
Appreciate your time.
Regards
Karthik
more...
Rajwaitingon140
07-16 10:49 PM
Mine is Dec'20'2006 and still waiting for I-140 approval.
I am waiting on service center processing dates; still yet to annouce..hopefully we should get quickly.
Thanks
so we r in same boat. Mine recd date Oct 2nd 2006.
I am waiting on service center processing dates; still yet to annouce..hopefully we should get quickly.
Thanks
so we r in same boat. Mine recd date Oct 2nd 2006.
sledge_hammer
06-29 10:24 AM
^^^^
more...
dealsnet
09-08 03:40 PM
Get ready for an interview. USCIS transfer your petition to NBC for interview by local office.
Go with a $1000/day lawyer, or, if you are confident and clean case, go alone with all documents.
Go with a $1000/day lawyer, or, if you are confident and clean case, go alone with all documents.
nagio
10-05 04:38 PM
Thanks Pappu!. Go IV.
more...
malibuguy007
03-17 01:18 PM
I took out a mortgage with BOA while on EAD. Initially they said they don't recognize EAD but after talking to a supervisor they proceeded with approving the loan. So I do not see any issues.
ilikekilo
04-14 09:45 PM
If senior citizens have to travel frequently from India to the Bay area (California) what is the most preferred airlines?
Points of comparisons would be pricing (frequent flyer discounts), leg room, optimum layover, wheelchair facility, good in-flight attendance, food and so on...the experience with the emirates has been ok thus far.
emirates didn't provide the wheel chair at the airport although it was made available in india and sfo. also the leg from dubai to sfo is very long.
please share your experiences and provide your feedback.
If you could mention what place in INDIA (bangalore, delhi, bombay??) , folks could better answer your question..
Points of comparisons would be pricing (frequent flyer discounts), leg room, optimum layover, wheelchair facility, good in-flight attendance, food and so on...the experience with the emirates has been ok thus far.
emirates didn't provide the wheel chair at the airport although it was made available in india and sfo. also the leg from dubai to sfo is very long.
please share your experiences and provide your feedback.
If you could mention what place in INDIA (bangalore, delhi, bombay??) , folks could better answer your question..
more...
snathan
05-17 05:02 PM
I have Master's degree from US and have been with the company for 6yrs. This is the response from my Attorney on porting to EB2 category. My I485 was filed during July 2007. What can i do to be able to file a new PERM LC for porting to EB2 category without affecting my I485 application? Please advise.
Thank you for your email inquiring about filing a new PERM labor certification (PERM LC) application to qualify for the EB-2 preference category. A final determination has been made on whether a new PERM LC can be filed.
Regulations that govern the PERM Labor Certification process do not permit an employer to file a new PERM LC application for the sole purpose of shortening the wait time in immigrant visa preference categories. Company will not file a new PERM LC unless it is clearly required by regulation.
We completed our research and legal analysis. The purpose of the research was to determine whether you can still benefit from your current case, or whether substantial job changes require, by law, a new PERM LC application to be filed on your behalf.
Our final assessment is that while some job changes have occurred, the changes are not substantial in the context of labor certification regulations. Please note that while the group, products and/or daily tasks in your employment may be different, these changes are not substantial from an immigration perspective and do not require a new PERM LC. In addition, portability provisions of the law allow considerable flexibility for job changes when an I-485 Adjustment of Status application has been filed.
This is not an internal policy matter, rather company's compliance with U.S. Department of Labor regulations that govern the PERM LC process.
Your new job duties must be more 50% than the current job...otherwise you can not file for new PERM
Thank you for your email inquiring about filing a new PERM labor certification (PERM LC) application to qualify for the EB-2 preference category. A final determination has been made on whether a new PERM LC can be filed.
Regulations that govern the PERM Labor Certification process do not permit an employer to file a new PERM LC application for the sole purpose of shortening the wait time in immigrant visa preference categories. Company will not file a new PERM LC unless it is clearly required by regulation.
We completed our research and legal analysis. The purpose of the research was to determine whether you can still benefit from your current case, or whether substantial job changes require, by law, a new PERM LC application to be filed on your behalf.
Our final assessment is that while some job changes have occurred, the changes are not substantial in the context of labor certification regulations. Please note that while the group, products and/or daily tasks in your employment may be different, these changes are not substantial from an immigration perspective and do not require a new PERM LC. In addition, portability provisions of the law allow considerable flexibility for job changes when an I-485 Adjustment of Status application has been filed.
This is not an internal policy matter, rather company's compliance with U.S. Department of Labor regulations that govern the PERM LC process.
Your new job duties must be more 50% than the current job...otherwise you can not file for new PERM
shantanup
03-23 04:25 PM
Here is someone. Following is quoted from some other thread.
I studied in RIT for MS. Luckily I got a job in this economy,But My friend got an offer letter from one of the TARP company and they refuse to give the job at the last moment. He did MBA .He left last week to India. This is ridiculous !
I studied in RIT for MS. Luckily I got a job in this economy,But My friend got an offer letter from one of the TARP company and they refuse to give the job at the last moment. He did MBA .He left last week to India. This is ridiculous !
more...
casinoroyale
01-12 07:55 PM
As per my reading one can re-enter on AP. But do remember that the CBP officer at the port of entry notices that once case is under security check or something he may create issues. But in general i don't think this is the case. One of my friend who was stuck with security check entered using AP. I know him personally so this is for fact happend.
As per several murthy chat items, Sheela Murthy also thinks one can enter on AP if their H1B visa stamp is rejected to getting delayed.
But do remember that, your status will change from H1B to PAROLE once you enter using AP. But hey, you can alwyas change it back to H1B once you get the visa.
One of my personal concerns about this approach (for which i don't have concrete answer), does the consulate consider your visa applicaton abondoned if they find out that the candidate has entered US?
(not proof reading, plz ignore spelling and grammar mistakes)
As per several murthy chat items, Sheela Murthy also thinks one can enter on AP if their H1B visa stamp is rejected to getting delayed.
But do remember that, your status will change from H1B to PAROLE once you enter using AP. But hey, you can alwyas change it back to H1B once you get the visa.
One of my personal concerns about this approach (for which i don't have concrete answer), does the consulate consider your visa applicaton abondoned if they find out that the candidate has entered US?
(not proof reading, plz ignore spelling and grammar mistakes)
HRPRO
02-03 01:44 PM
where can we get the SOC codes?
Thanks
SHL
On the BLS website
Thanks
SHL
On the BLS website
more...
prince_waiting
10-26 11:44 AM
Get images of checks cashed by USCIS, your receipt numbers are stamped on the back side of the checks. Use these RNs to call up USCIS and change your address.
Filing out AR-11 does not guarantee that USCIS will correspond to you on the new address.
Filing out AR-11 does not guarantee that USCIS will correspond to you on the new address.
gc750
01-01 04:48 PM
Did you ever get the reply back from consulate if your visa was approved and did they ask you send the PPT for stamping. Please let me know if that worked out.
I am stuck in the same position. Went for visa stamping and now they have put me on hold for additional admin processing. I do have a valid AP. I am planning on travelling back to USA on my AP and when the consulate sends me mail to send the ppt I am planning to travel back and get the stamping done. But was wondering if my earlier travel on AP is going to abandone the H1 stamping application.
Please post your experience....
I am stuck in the same position. Went for visa stamping and now they have put me on hold for additional admin processing. I do have a valid AP. I am planning on travelling back to USA on my AP and when the consulate sends me mail to send the ppt I am planning to travel back and get the stamping done. But was wondering if my earlier travel on AP is going to abandone the H1 stamping application.
Please post your experience....
more...
imh1b
07-29 02:35 PM
Spillover from Family to Employment will occur for FY 2010-2011. Not for September.
Family spillover for 2009-10 is approximately 10500, and is already allocated.
We wouldn't know this number until DOS publishes Immigration Statistics for 2010.
You are right. He said end of year for spillover from family. So I understood as September,
I also asked how many visas a left. He said only about 9 thousand for EB2 in total. They approved a lot this month. Next month more approvals will happen. For EB3 India he said only a couple of hundred are available till end of September.
Family spillover for 2009-10 is approximately 10500, and is already allocated.
We wouldn't know this number until DOS publishes Immigration Statistics for 2010.
You are right. He said end of year for spillover from family. So I understood as September,
I also asked how many visas a left. He said only about 9 thousand for EB2 in total. They approved a lot this month. Next month more approvals will happen. For EB3 India he said only a couple of hundred are available till end of September.
madan
01-10 08:11 AM
Thank you so much...
What is the H4 Process for new wife? will she be given the H4 Visa with no issues in us consulates in India???
What is the H4 Process for new wife? will she be given the H4 Visa with no issues in us consulates in India???
mzdial
March 22nd, 2004, 12:28 AM
Yeah.. it was one of the loudest games I've been at.. Definately playoff noise levels. Too bad the outcome wasn't the way I wanted it.
Sorry.. no shots from the season ticket areas.. Someone probably would of said something when the big ole' white lens came out. :-)
-- Matt
Sorry.. no shots from the season ticket areas.. Someone probably would of said something when the big ole' white lens came out. :-)
-- Matt
needhelp!
11-06 06:52 PM
brij523.. Taking time out for IV even though you have your GC
ItIsNotFunny
08-02 10:17 AM
Is this true? If the employer agrees to not invoke I140 for next 180 days, I can start working for another company tomorrow without affecting my 485 application?
Wouldn't you need to show paystubs or something, for 180 days, for the company that filed your I485?
Thank you!!
This is dicey. The rule of thumb is: GC is for future employment. Somehow you need to convince this immigration officer that you worked or want to work for employer who filed GC for you. Thats why they have this 180 days clause.
Wouldn't you need to show paystubs or something, for 180 days, for the company that filed your I485?
Thank you!!
This is dicey. The rule of thumb is: GC is for future employment. Somehow you need to convince this immigration officer that you worked or want to work for employer who filed GC for you. Thats why they have this 180 days clause.
No comments:
Post a Comment