
eb3_nepa
04-07 05:28 PM
Here's another parallel Idea.
Let us try to schedule a meet with the prospective presidential Candidates (McCain, Clinton and Obama) instead to let them know our issues.
By the time we actually get a meeting with the current president, his term may have expired. The presidential candidates, on the other hand will have some time now (not a whole lot but a little). If we squeeze some time there, we may be able to atleast get our issues out there.
Let us try to schedule a meet with the prospective presidential Candidates (McCain, Clinton and Obama) instead to let them know our issues.
By the time we actually get a meeting with the current president, his term may have expired. The presidential candidates, on the other hand will have some time now (not a whole lot but a little). If we squeeze some time there, we may be able to atleast get our issues out there.
wallpaper Elephant and Palm Tree Wall
starlite
07-21 01:55 AM
Hello,
I worked up nerves to consult with the forum.
Please read my history and answer questions below.
Your non-judgmental and objective answers are greatly appreciated.
I first came to the US on a tourist visa when I was 15 years old.
I was out of status when my parents couldn't act fast enough to change my status. However, I faithfully maintained my status once I reentered with a student visa.
So here is the history:
Dec. 1986: Enter the US on a tourist visa (age 15)
June 1987: Out of status from the tourist visa
Sept. 1996: IIRIRA 96 passes-- 3yr./10yr. reentry bars apply effective April 1, 1997
July 1997: Obtain I-20 for school, leave the US and return to home country (age 26)
Aug. 1997: Reenter US on a F-1 visa
Oct. 00: Initial H-1B
Oct. 03: H-1B extension
Dec.04: RIR filed (priority date)
Sept.06: RIR approved
Oct. 06: H-1B (7th year) extension
Jan. 07: I-140 filed (pending approval)
July 21, 2007: Preparing to file I-485 with the same employer since 2000
So here are my questions:
Q1. The way I interpret the law is that the 3yr./10yr. reentry bars apply when the law went into effect starting April 1997. Is that correct?
Q2. If so, would I have to worry about getting the I-485 approved?
Q3. If not, should I filed for I-485 at all?
Q4. Any suggestions or possiblities to consider?
Thank you.
I worked up nerves to consult with the forum.
Please read my history and answer questions below.
Your non-judgmental and objective answers are greatly appreciated.
I first came to the US on a tourist visa when I was 15 years old.
I was out of status when my parents couldn't act fast enough to change my status. However, I faithfully maintained my status once I reentered with a student visa.
So here is the history:
Dec. 1986: Enter the US on a tourist visa (age 15)
June 1987: Out of status from the tourist visa
Sept. 1996: IIRIRA 96 passes-- 3yr./10yr. reentry bars apply effective April 1, 1997
July 1997: Obtain I-20 for school, leave the US and return to home country (age 26)
Aug. 1997: Reenter US on a F-1 visa
Oct. 00: Initial H-1B
Oct. 03: H-1B extension
Dec.04: RIR filed (priority date)
Sept.06: RIR approved
Oct. 06: H-1B (7th year) extension
Jan. 07: I-140 filed (pending approval)
July 21, 2007: Preparing to file I-485 with the same employer since 2000
So here are my questions:
Q1. The way I interpret the law is that the 3yr./10yr. reentry bars apply when the law went into effect starting April 1997. Is that correct?
Q2. If so, would I have to worry about getting the I-485 approved?
Q3. If not, should I filed for I-485 at all?
Q4. Any suggestions or possiblities to consider?
Thank you.
rock581
07-18 01:38 AM
We filed I-140 on july 16th thru labour substitution. Expecting a receipt by july ending.Now I have a very serious concern regarding I-485 filing before Aug 17 2007, pls advice !!
My spouse is in india from August 17 2006 after already staying in US on H1B for 6 years.He's planning to come back here on dependant visa(L2) after 1 year out of country stay as he wants to reset his H1B clock (He plans to apply H1B in April 2008 quota).
If we want to apply for I-485 he needs to come here atleast by Aug 10 2007- to fulfill the medicals & sign the documents, to file by Aug 17th 2007 deadline. We are afraid to take chances this time, that if he just enters US before 1 year out of country stay, he may not be eligible for new H1B in 2008, if somthing happens to current filing.
Pls sincerely advice if he can still apply for H1B in April 2008, if he just missed 365 days out of country rule by 6 or 7 days (incase he comes back on Aug 10th 2007 for filing, he would fulfill 360 days out of country and not 365 as needed) ?
My spouse is in india from August 17 2006 after already staying in US on H1B for 6 years.He's planning to come back here on dependant visa(L2) after 1 year out of country stay as he wants to reset his H1B clock (He plans to apply H1B in April 2008 quota).
If we want to apply for I-485 he needs to come here atleast by Aug 10 2007- to fulfill the medicals & sign the documents, to file by Aug 17th 2007 deadline. We are afraid to take chances this time, that if he just enters US before 1 year out of country stay, he may not be eligible for new H1B in 2008, if somthing happens to current filing.
Pls sincerely advice if he can still apply for H1B in April 2008, if he just missed 365 days out of country rule by 6 or 7 days (incase he comes back on Aug 10th 2007 for filing, he would fulfill 360 days out of country and not 365 as needed) ?
2011 Check out Brewster#39;s Wall-Pops
GC4US
08-29 11:29 AM
Could someone please, help me with the following situation; HERE IS MY EXPLANATION:
....My permanent employment is in Massachusetts...so from what I read( from I-140 and 485 instructions) my permanent employment which is Massachusetts...does not correspond to the Nebraska Service Center...it corresponds to the Texas Service Center. I've noticed this only after my lawyer sent my package to NEBRASKA.
Please tell me if I'm accurate about this matter?
Will USCIS REJECT MY PACKAGE OF i-140 AND i-485 because of improperly filed?
Please help me!
Your help would be highly appreciated!
....My permanent employment is in Massachusetts...so from what I read( from I-140 and 485 instructions) my permanent employment which is Massachusetts...does not correspond to the Nebraska Service Center...it corresponds to the Texas Service Center. I've noticed this only after my lawyer sent my package to NEBRASKA.
Please tell me if I'm accurate about this matter?
Will USCIS REJECT MY PACKAGE OF i-140 AND i-485 because of improperly filed?
Please help me!
Your help would be highly appreciated!
more...
eb3retro
03-17 11:07 AM
Just contributed $100.00. Will contribute more in Future...!
thanks to all the people who made this happen and special thanks to the team who went to Washington for our cause.
thanks to all the people who made this happen and special thanks to the team who went to Washington for our cause.
ganguteli
01-28 06:09 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_Americans
Check our own Aman Kapoor listed
Check our own Aman Kapoor listed
more...
a_yaja
06-26 02:08 PM
First of all even if CIR is passed someone need to interpret the section. What kind of Ban for H1b in consulting? Is it blanket ban? It is going to be very tough in reality to Ban H1b for consulting completely. There might be some options in the law.
Agreed. As per my understanding, "consulting" as per the bill's definition is:
1. You are working at another employer's location (or client location)
AND
2. You report to someone at the other employer's location (i.e. you report to someone in the client's office)
So technically, you can still "consult" if you claim that you are reporting to your "employer" and not to someone at the client's location. And the show will go on.
This is my understanding of the bill. There are a lot of people who disagree with my interpretation.
Remember though, the true danger from the bill is the removal of the clause that H1B and L visa holders need not prove to the visa office that they do not intend to immigrate to the US.
Agreed. As per my understanding, "consulting" as per the bill's definition is:
1. You are working at another employer's location (or client location)
AND
2. You report to someone at the other employer's location (i.e. you report to someone in the client's office)
So technically, you can still "consult" if you claim that you are reporting to your "employer" and not to someone at the client's location. And the show will go on.
This is my understanding of the bill. There are a lot of people who disagree with my interpretation.
Remember though, the true danger from the bill is the removal of the clause that H1B and L visa holders need not prove to the visa office that they do not intend to immigrate to the US.
2010 palm tree wallpaper
looivy
10-01 10:47 AM
Do they do a name check for EAD as well?
My EAD renewal (submitted electronically) has been pending for almost 80 days now. COuld this delay be due to name check or FP process?
My EAD renewal (submitted electronically) has been pending for almost 80 days now. COuld this delay be due to name check or FP process?
more...
mkolp
07-07 11:51 AM
Good idea
hair Palm Tree Wallies Mural. Pattern:15208M. Our Price: $39.99
sjhugoose
February 23rd, 2004, 07:36 AM
Why B&H have to sell this at such a premium
Thre words for you: Because They Can!
Thre words for you: Because They Can!
more...
GCOP
09-22 03:41 PM
Junky and ItIsNotFunny, I gave you Green for motivating the members to call. Good job.
I called Congressmen/women on the List today and also had called them earlier.
I called Congressmen/women on the List today and also had called them earlier.
hot Wallpaper Blue
AllIzzWell
03-11 05:20 PM
Gurus,
Can some body advise what is the best way to send money to India using SBI online?
Do i have to have an account with SBI? NRE/NRO/Regular
I have an account with State Bank of Bikarner and Jaipur, can i send money from my US account into SBBJ and then to SBI (parents account) ONLINE?
I live in Colorado and hence do not have the luxury of walking into an SBI US branch.
Any advise is appreciated.
Thanks
Can some body advise what is the best way to send money to India using SBI online?
Do i have to have an account with SBI? NRE/NRO/Regular
I have an account with State Bank of Bikarner and Jaipur, can i send money from my US account into SBBJ and then to SBI (parents account) ONLINE?
I live in Colorado and hence do not have the luxury of walking into an SBI US branch.
Any advise is appreciated.
Thanks
more...
house Cream Tree Wallpaper Border
flex
10-02 02:56 PM
There's a tile based pac man fla on my site - check it out.
tattoo trees wallpaper. Free Palm
americandesi
05-19 09:19 AM
According to murthy, several of these cases were tied to companies that are under fraud investigations
MurthyDotCom : Newark Airport - Analysis & Potential Options for H1Bs Entering U.S. (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newark.html)
MurthyDotCom : Newark Airport - Analysis & Potential Options for H1Bs Entering U.S. (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newark.html)
more...
pictures Wallies Palm Tree Wallpaper
eb2dec2005
02-22 09:49 PM
No, i was little skeptical i using AC21.I did not inform USCIS at all.
Morover, i was hoping my PD would be current shortly.
Am i in trouble?
Morover, i was hoping my PD would be current shortly.
Am i in trouble?
dresses Palm Tree wallpaper
WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC
07-29 02:25 PM
My lawyer says there is going to be about 5-10K spillover from Family to employment based. Gurus can you estimate how much dates will move if that happens. I am hoping nothing for EB3 though :(
Please READ EB2/EB3 Prediction rather Calculation thread.
Q on his first post has explained it so clearly what might happen.
Please READ EB2/EB3 Prediction rather Calculation thread.
Q on his first post has explained it so clearly what might happen.
more...
makeup Form a 43quot; x 65quot; Palm Tree
Cheran
04-08 02:16 PM
There is a correlation between election year and immigration. But if that works out, lets say they make the priority date current, it does not matter whether you filled in 2005 or 2007. Now, we are assuming that they will make the date current. You never know, they might bring some weird rule, which take the priority date as a criteria. So what I am saying is, its your call. If I were in your position, I would wait atleast until we get some answers about the new initiatives....
Hi all,
One of my relatives who has been here in United States for last 10 years keep on telling me that there is a co-relation between Expedition of Green Card process and election year.
I am planning to switch my job as I am having a great offer, but he kept on telling me that in the past, he has noticed great expedition of green card process during the election years. He advises me against switching the job at this point. My PD is Jan 2005.
Please let me know, if any of you agree with him.
Hi all,
One of my relatives who has been here in United States for last 10 years keep on telling me that there is a co-relation between Expedition of Green Card process and election year.
I am planning to switch my job as I am having a great offer, but he kept on telling me that in the past, he has noticed great expedition of green card process during the election years. He advises me against switching the job at this point. My PD is Jan 2005.
Please let me know, if any of you agree with him.
girlfriend Palm Tree Wallies - Wallpaper amp; Border
grupak
03-15 08:26 AM
This is my interpretation of Ron's post. These are not my predictions.
Personally, I'm Pessimistic... being in India-EB3, that's not a state of mind... it's a lifestyle.
Seems like a good interpretation to me.
Pessimism as a lifestyle is hilarious :)
Personally, I'm Pessimistic... being in India-EB3, that's not a state of mind... it's a lifestyle.
Seems like a good interpretation to me.
Pessimism as a lifestyle is hilarious :)
hairstyles Palm Trees at Posada sin
drirshad
07-01 06:20 PM
For all the nights of no sleep and days of uncertainty. Ready to go to the end of the tunnel this time .....
cjain
04-07 05:02 PM
only needs a little bit of bandwidth...core members need to step in and provide feedback
fall1998
05-12 04:19 PM
Those users who are pending are not PWMB and they had applied earlier, is that right?i
No comments:
Post a Comment