sukhyani
12-20 11:50 AM
yeah the two shows 'Daily Show with Jon Stewart' and 'Colbert Report' run back to back. I have not seen any media personality that influential in shaping public opinion. They are mostly honest and ruthlessly blunt about issues.
IV members, please post your comments on his message board. If there are a substantial number of posts, only then we can hope for him to ever talk about our issue on his show.
IV members, please post your comments on his message board. If there are a substantial number of posts, only then we can hope for him to ever talk about our issue on his show.

pappu
02-09 10:10 PM
Thank you very much. We need members like you.
MatsP
March 5th, 2007, 06:32 AM
i am not sure what it is about the 300d or known by most as the digital rebel that makes it not a good choice. i used and still use the digital rebel. i consider it to be worthy of professional status. it lacks a few capabilities but for studio work i still feel more comfortable with that camera and i must admit even though i have the rebel xt i have not used it near as much as the 300 d.
There are some things that make for example the 10D better than the 300D, but those are few - the one that made me spend the money on a 10D rather than the 300D is the fact that the 10D has the setting for following AF (aka predictive AF), whilst the 300D has a setting for "Let the camera choose if it's following or not" - which probably works fine for most purposes, but not ALL.
The metal frame of the body and faster/longer frame buffer on the 10D was also on the list of "pros", but not a "must have" in my choice.
The sensor is the same in 10D and 300D, and whilst the newer 350/400/20/30 etc have BETTER sensors, the 10D has one that works fine for me.
When it comes to the difference between professional and amateur, there's only ONE thing that REALLY makes a difference: Professionals get paid for what they do, amateurs don't. And just like a carpenter may choose to buy a more expensive circular saw because it lasts longer, cuts a little bit faster or whatever the criteria may be, I also know some that use the method of "buy the $100 model of tool, because it's undoubtedly going to be broken soon anyway, and the $600 one doesn't actually take falling from a 20ft scaffolding any better than the $100 one does". So, likewise, a professional photographer may well chose a less expensive camera because it does the job sufficently.
--
Mats
There are some things that make for example the 10D better than the 300D, but those are few - the one that made me spend the money on a 10D rather than the 300D is the fact that the 10D has the setting for following AF (aka predictive AF), whilst the 300D has a setting for "Let the camera choose if it's following or not" - which probably works fine for most purposes, but not ALL.
The metal frame of the body and faster/longer frame buffer on the 10D was also on the list of "pros", but not a "must have" in my choice.
The sensor is the same in 10D and 300D, and whilst the newer 350/400/20/30 etc have BETTER sensors, the 10D has one that works fine for me.
When it comes to the difference between professional and amateur, there's only ONE thing that REALLY makes a difference: Professionals get paid for what they do, amateurs don't. And just like a carpenter may choose to buy a more expensive circular saw because it lasts longer, cuts a little bit faster or whatever the criteria may be, I also know some that use the method of "buy the $100 model of tool, because it's undoubtedly going to be broken soon anyway, and the $600 one doesn't actually take falling from a 20ft scaffolding any better than the $100 one does". So, likewise, a professional photographer may well chose a less expensive camera because it does the job sufficently.
--
Mats
priderock
09-01 05:27 PM
Congrads!! you seem to be lucky. I noticed that several other of our regular posters have PDs earlier than you and are still waiting. Why do you say 10 years? your PD is 04 so that makes it 5 years :D:D
I believe they go by RD if the PD is current. My RD is jul 2nd and my application reached them early AM on Jul 2nd.
Thank you all for the congrats !!
I believe they go by RD if the PD is current. My RD is jul 2nd and my application reached them early AM on Jul 2nd.
Thank you all for the congrats !!
more...
sundarpn
07-07 02:51 PM
Have a similar question. My 485 (EB3-I was filed in July 2007). Yet to be married and have to bring spouse on H-4.
My question is around options to keep my spouse here in case I loose my H1b status.
1. How easy difficult is it to get converted to F-1 visa?. (Does the university / program matter? I guess it would)
2. Can the spouse start the program on H4 then convert to F-1? Can this be done quickly enough after loss of primary's H1 status? (worst case).
3. Other thean F-1, what other options are there if primay looses H1 status (i.e. uses EAD).
thx
My question is around options to keep my spouse here in case I loose my H1b status.
1. How easy difficult is it to get converted to F-1 visa?. (Does the university / program matter? I guess it would)
2. Can the spouse start the program on H4 then convert to F-1? Can this be done quickly enough after loss of primary's H1 status? (worst case).
3. Other thean F-1, what other options are there if primay looses H1 status (i.e. uses EAD).
thx
saravanaraj.sathya
10-30 07:02 PM
I had my FP on 11/03 in NJ location but I moved to New York. So I went to a NY ASC today 4 days prior to my original notice. When myself and my wife went there, we got earful from FP lady there for coming in different location and that too in advance. She told us that we should not just walk-in like that in any day. But she still managed to talk our FP. It was a big relief!
She also told me that Wed is the amnesty day. If someone has missed out then, they can give it on any Wednesday.
She also told me that Wed is the amnesty day. If someone has missed out then, they can give it on any Wednesday.
more...
kriskris
07-20 02:13 PM
Do you think we can apply a duplicate 485 when the actual 485 packet is already sent. Even in this case how do you send the sealed medical reports since you have already sent them.
I am in the same boat as you are. please let me know.
I am in the same boat as you are. please let me know.
ImmiLosers
09-30 03:19 PM
I gave my 3rd FP for pending 485 last week. Haven't seen any LUD change since. My NC was cleared last year as per USCIS. My question is after every FP, does FBI initiate a new name check? is this a vicious circle ?
No, I went for my 2nd FP last week. I asked USCIS (800#) the above question.
It is done once. Looks like FP and Name check are different processes.
No, I went for my 2nd FP last week. I asked USCIS (800#) the above question.
It is done once. Looks like FP and Name check are different processes.
more...
gbof
10-15 03:54 PM
I have had situations where CIS has issued more than one RFE, but only about twice in 12 years of immigration practice.
Thank you so much. I appreciate a word from your experience
Thank you so much. I appreciate a word from your experience
snathan
03-28 12:33 PM
Thanks, but will there be any charges against me for not filing the taxes before.
WIll it effect my immigration status.
I am not sure...check with a CPA.
WIll it effect my immigration status.
I am not sure...check with a CPA.
more...
dealsboy
11-02 10:20 AM
Do we have to worry about expired I 94 if we are using EAD ?
sduddukuri
04-07 07:56 PM
We didnot file MTR. As per my lawyer, MTR takes around 2-3 months and if in case MTR gets denied then the total time (from the date of denial) will considered as illegal and it will create more problems. I also went along with my wife to chennai embassy(both H1 and H4 renwal ), they just asked me my paystubs and about my company . they didnot ask my wife any questions.
more...
gc_samba
07-17 04:44 PM
Kaisersose thank you for your reply. Is their a time limit for how long I have to work for the GC filling employer? what worries me is if they fire me in lets say 1 month after hire during their probation period am I safe? Even though i was working part time some where else.
As you have a GC, you can work for any employer in the range {A, B, C...Z}, work for 2 or more of them simultaneously and handle any kind of job. There is no law that will create a problem out of this during naturalization.
Of course, one can do this with a 485 EAD too, but there is the one restriction of "same or similar".
As you have a GC, you can work for any employer in the range {A, B, C...Z}, work for 2 or more of them simultaneously and handle any kind of job. There is no law that will create a problem out of this during naturalization.
Of course, one can do this with a 485 EAD too, but there is the one restriction of "same or similar".
Ram_C
12-06 12:11 PM
bump
EndlessWait,
nothing to worry about, it happened to me too,
I opened an SR and two weeks later my wife got FP and I didn't, I thought I'll wait for a week or two but in vain. When I gave a follow-up call I came to know that FP was scheduled at my Attorney's place (I live in west coast and I was scheduled to attend FP at ASC in East coast) and the twist is my attorney never received it.on top of it when I asked the Rep about possibility of scheduling an FP at my place she advised me to file AR-11 form, at this point it was very clear to me that Rep doesn't have a clue on what she is talking about. the very next day I was luck to get hold of nice rep who said I quote
" I don't understand why these people schedule FP at attorney�s location"
he apologized and said he will open an SR to reschedule at my location and he assured me that this time it will be at my location, which I got in couple of weeks.
Hope you will get your FP notice soon.
good luck:)
EndlessWait,
nothing to worry about, it happened to me too,
I opened an SR and two weeks later my wife got FP and I didn't, I thought I'll wait for a week or two but in vain. When I gave a follow-up call I came to know that FP was scheduled at my Attorney's place (I live in west coast and I was scheduled to attend FP at ASC in East coast) and the twist is my attorney never received it.on top of it when I asked the Rep about possibility of scheduling an FP at my place she advised me to file AR-11 form, at this point it was very clear to me that Rep doesn't have a clue on what she is talking about. the very next day I was luck to get hold of nice rep who said I quote
" I don't understand why these people schedule FP at attorney�s location"
he apologized and said he will open an SR to reschedule at my location and he assured me that this time it will be at my location, which I got in couple of weeks.
Hope you will get your FP notice soon.
good luck:)
more...
ashutrip
06-15 04:52 PM
that is not a backlog in the sense of retrogression based backlog. That is like any other processing time for any other type of application
Chicago is taking 2-3 weeks then y Atl is taking 6 months
Chicago is taking 2-3 weeks then y Atl is taking 6 months
Eb3_frustrated
03-17 11:14 AM
Junoo,
Good to see you getting optimistic, I saw your frustration at April visa Numbers and glad to see you back with green $$$ this time !!
Bill introducted by Sen. Frist is great news, even though it is still in initial stages [Cross our fingers] glad we have something positive happenning.
We need to work harder and make sure it passes the house and becomes a law..long path and we should remain focussed every step of the way.
Thanks once again for your contribution and congratulations for your change in attitude.
Just contributed $100.00. Will contribute more in Future...!
Good to see you getting optimistic, I saw your frustration at April visa Numbers and glad to see you back with green $$$ this time !!
Bill introducted by Sen. Frist is great news, even though it is still in initial stages [Cross our fingers] glad we have something positive happenning.
We need to work harder and make sure it passes the house and becomes a law..long path and we should remain focussed every step of the way.
Thanks once again for your contribution and congratulations for your change in attitude.
Just contributed $100.00. Will contribute more in Future...!
more...
unbreakable
03-17 11:20 AM
Thanks guys for your replies. Will keep you posted on my RFE.
modvik
07-17 03:12 PM
Congratulations to you! Must be a big burden off your chest.
I have a question: how would I know whether my process is past the name check or not. I got FP done last december (2005). No updates on the USCIS website for me since then and the 800 number gives a canned message and you cannot get to talk to a real person there.
Am I hysteric or what?
Any ways here is the flash.
My case has been approved and got the so called Magic e-mails stating that the cards have been order
for me and the spouse.
Here is the "series of unfortunate events" :
1.
EB3/TSC
PD: Sometime in 1998
Stuck at labor for three years. Finally cleared in 2000 a month after I was let go.
2. Joined different company in 2001. Encore!!!. Filed GC again in 2001. This time I chose EB2
thought I would save some time.
3. Thanks to the political gimmics, stuck at labor again for three years finally cleared in 2004
4. Elated with the good news, applied i-140 & I-485 in 2004.
5. I-140 cleared without any hitches got EAD too. Expected i-485 to clear with in reasonable
amount of time.
6. Wait!!!, there it goes... the dreaded namecheck stopped it for another two years.
Following is the chronological order:
EB2/TSC
PD : October 17, 2001
LCl : January 7, 2004
RD I140/485 : May 28, 2004
EAD : July 26, 2004
FP Notice Date : February 1, 2005
FP Done : March 22, 2005
I140l : February 11, 2005
Namecheck initiated: June 2004
Namecheck cleared: June 2006.
I-485 cleared and cards ordered: July 2006.
Here is what I did to get out of namecheck:
1. e-mail to FBI on monthly basis
2. Snail mail to FBI, OMBUDSMAN on monthly basis
3. FAX to FBI on monthly basis
3. Involved congressman. Congressman's office contacted USCIS, but did not want to get involved with
FBI directly
4. Involved Senators. Senator's office contacted USCIS, but did not want to get involved with
FBI directly. One senator never even responded
5 got FOPIA.
6. Made the attorney to contact USCIS officially
7. Started the group "namechektracker" on yahoo groups http://groups.yahoo.com/group/namechecktracker/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/namechecktracker/)
and almost filed WOM. Only thing left is to send the papers.
8. Tried some contacts with USCIS despite the "NO" from the attorney and the employer.
Just tried some personal mails to USCIS director FBI et all.
Not sure what really worked. Some one from DOJ took time to call me and informed that my
name check got cleared.
moral: Keep your eyes/ears open. DO NOT JUST BELIEVE the words of your attorney.
try the above steps and hope for the best.
Thanks to the forum members!!! I learnt lot from your experience.
I will still be around on this forum and will try to help as much as I can
I have a question: how would I know whether my process is past the name check or not. I got FP done last december (2005). No updates on the USCIS website for me since then and the 800 number gives a canned message and you cannot get to talk to a real person there.
Am I hysteric or what?
Any ways here is the flash.
My case has been approved and got the so called Magic e-mails stating that the cards have been order
for me and the spouse.
Here is the "series of unfortunate events" :
1.
EB3/TSC
PD: Sometime in 1998
Stuck at labor for three years. Finally cleared in 2000 a month after I was let go.
2. Joined different company in 2001. Encore!!!. Filed GC again in 2001. This time I chose EB2
thought I would save some time.
3. Thanks to the political gimmics, stuck at labor again for three years finally cleared in 2004
4. Elated with the good news, applied i-140 & I-485 in 2004.
5. I-140 cleared without any hitches got EAD too. Expected i-485 to clear with in reasonable
amount of time.
6. Wait!!!, there it goes... the dreaded namecheck stopped it for another two years.
Following is the chronological order:
EB2/TSC
PD : October 17, 2001
LCl : January 7, 2004
RD I140/485 : May 28, 2004
EAD : July 26, 2004
FP Notice Date : February 1, 2005
FP Done : March 22, 2005
I140l : February 11, 2005
Namecheck initiated: June 2004
Namecheck cleared: June 2006.
I-485 cleared and cards ordered: July 2006.
Here is what I did to get out of namecheck:
1. e-mail to FBI on monthly basis
2. Snail mail to FBI, OMBUDSMAN on monthly basis
3. FAX to FBI on monthly basis
3. Involved congressman. Congressman's office contacted USCIS, but did not want to get involved with
FBI directly
4. Involved Senators. Senator's office contacted USCIS, but did not want to get involved with
FBI directly. One senator never even responded
5 got FOPIA.
6. Made the attorney to contact USCIS officially
7. Started the group "namechektracker" on yahoo groups http://groups.yahoo.com/group/namechecktracker/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/namechecktracker/)
and almost filed WOM. Only thing left is to send the papers.
8. Tried some contacts with USCIS despite the "NO" from the attorney and the employer.
Just tried some personal mails to USCIS director FBI et all.
Not sure what really worked. Some one from DOJ took time to call me and informed that my
name check got cleared.
moral: Keep your eyes/ears open. DO NOT JUST BELIEVE the words of your attorney.
try the above steps and hope for the best.
Thanks to the forum members!!! I learnt lot from your experience.
I will still be around on this forum and will try to help as much as I can
MetteBB
05-27 05:08 PM
I liked the apple one the best mette. I have added that one up :)
btw: your footer is killing my CPU :P
First of all...thanx!
re your CPU...:huh: How can I fix this? It's a small file (using your very own tut for snow)
/mette
btw: your footer is killing my CPU :P
First of all...thanx!
re your CPU...:huh: How can I fix this? It's a small file (using your very own tut for snow)
/mette
GCDo
04-25 01:45 AM
I never heard of this...what crap it is.?:eek:
Checked with my company lawyer. According to them it is a separate document from marriage certificate.
I applied for GC only after getting married , so right from the beginning my passport etc has my wifes name in it. What caused this RFE still baffles me.
I am not sure how will I get this document sitting in USA within 2 weeks.
Is there any other alternative ? Has any one faced with this kind of RFE and has given
some substitute for "Memorandum of marriage"
Checked with my company lawyer. According to them it is a separate document from marriage certificate.
I applied for GC only after getting married , so right from the beginning my passport etc has my wifes name in it. What caused this RFE still baffles me.
I am not sure how will I get this document sitting in USA within 2 weeks.
Is there any other alternative ? Has any one faced with this kind of RFE and has given
some substitute for "Memorandum of marriage"
jasmin45
07-12 08:46 PM
Lets discuss this after we deal with July Feasco. no offence to you as you are free to keep moving this post of yours... its just my oppinion and of most in this thread as well.. One issue at a time!
No comments:
Post a Comment