
aditik
07-20 08:49 PM
I know I have read it on the USCIS website...I'll get it for you
Hi
This is what is mentioned on the I-765 form.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765.pdf
Check page number 9. It speaks about Interim EAD, and this document expires on 08/31/08. If they have stopped issuing Interim EADs how come it says the opposite on this document. Just wondering:confused:
Hi
This is what is mentioned on the I-765 form.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765.pdf
Check page number 9. It speaks about Interim EAD, and this document expires on 08/31/08. If they have stopped issuing Interim EADs how come it says the opposite on this document. Just wondering:confused:
sanjay02
08-04 02:38 PM
Guys
I have filed for my renewal EAD on May 29th at NSC. My current EAD expires on Sept 24th. I havent got the renewal EAD yet, where as my wife got it both applications were sent in the same envelope. I am working on EAD and am losing sleep since if my EAD doesnt come in time I will be out of my payroll.
Has some one gone to the local USCIS office to get the interim EAD recently? I was told that option no longer exists.
Can some one post the FAX #s to expedite EAD requests?
I have filed for my renewal EAD on May 29th at NSC. My current EAD expires on Sept 24th. I havent got the renewal EAD yet, where as my wife got it both applications were sent in the same envelope. I am working on EAD and am losing sleep since if my EAD doesnt come in time I will be out of my payroll.
Has some one gone to the local USCIS office to get the interim EAD recently? I was told that option no longer exists.
Can some one post the FAX #s to expedite EAD requests?

rbalaji5
11-16 03:54 PM
Thanks for the information.
I heard that Mexico does not require any visa for the short-term trip. I doubt If I go by road, will they take my current i-94 at the border and give new i-94 while coming back.
I heard that Mexico does not require any visa for the short-term trip. I doubt If I go by road, will they take my current i-94 at the border and give new i-94 while coming back.
redcard
08-17 02:36 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to get my SSN Done. I'm on a dependent H4 Visa and have my H1 approval .
I visited the SSN office with My I797, State ID and Passport : SSN officer straightforwardly rejected as I dont have my EAD card.
The Officer asked me to visit USCIS office to apply for EAD.
Please help me with this situation..Does a H1 get an EAD and then a SSN?
Thanks N Regards,
Sushie
Sushie
You can either be on H4 or H1.If you are on H4 you will not get an SSN No. Dependents are not eligible for SSN. You can get a denial letter from SSN office which will help you to get a Drivers License.
In case you entered the country on h4 and have now changed to H1, you would have received the approval notice with a new I-94 card printed on it at the bottom of the notice. Show that approval notice to SSN office and explain that you have changed your status to H1-B while in US. That should get you an SSN. On the other hand if your approval notice does not have the I-94 printed at the bottom of the notice, that means you have an H1-B approval but need to go out of US to get your H1 visa stamped. Until you do that your status is H4. So please check your approval notice,
I'm trying to get my SSN Done. I'm on a dependent H4 Visa and have my H1 approval .
I visited the SSN office with My I797, State ID and Passport : SSN officer straightforwardly rejected as I dont have my EAD card.
The Officer asked me to visit USCIS office to apply for EAD.
Please help me with this situation..Does a H1 get an EAD and then a SSN?
Thanks N Regards,
Sushie
Sushie
You can either be on H4 or H1.If you are on H4 you will not get an SSN No. Dependents are not eligible for SSN. You can get a denial letter from SSN office which will help you to get a Drivers License.
In case you entered the country on h4 and have now changed to H1, you would have received the approval notice with a new I-94 card printed on it at the bottom of the notice. Show that approval notice to SSN office and explain that you have changed your status to H1-B while in US. That should get you an SSN. On the other hand if your approval notice does not have the I-94 printed at the bottom of the notice, that means you have an H1-B approval but need to go out of US to get your H1 visa stamped. Until you do that your status is H4. So please check your approval notice,
more...
jfredr
11-14 10:31 AM
hey fearonlygod,
Do you want to tell us your employer name? It helps other people...if u don't like u can ignore it.
I had similar situation where on H1B he was showing different salary...but he was paying less..difference is almost $10000 per year...it is between Aug 2003 and Oct 2004...Can we do anything now?
My previous two employers have also paid me less than what they have mentioned
Do you want to tell us your employer name? It helps other people...if u don't like u can ignore it.
I had similar situation where on H1B he was showing different salary...but he was paying less..difference is almost $10000 per year...it is between Aug 2003 and Oct 2004...Can we do anything now?
My previous two employers have also paid me less than what they have mentioned
pady
09-28 04:12 PM
Guys, Suggest me a good consulting company. My employer is OK until now and he just started demanding money even for H1 extensions. I am seriously thinking of moving. Please suggest good desi consulting companies who can support my GC and keep min billing. I have a very good project in hand
more...

genscn
10-30 09:23 AM
EAD has nothing to do with finger printing. People are getting EAD cards even before they go to their scheduled finger printing appointments. You will get your card 10-12 days after finger printing notice.
My wife's finger printing fee was rejected last month, even though we submitted the right fee.
We still submitted the fee again. In the mean while, we got our finger printing notices.
Do u know when we would get our EADs ? Is anyone in a similar situation ?
Thanks
My wife's finger printing fee was rejected last month, even though we submitted the right fee.
We still submitted the fee again. In the mean while, we got our finger printing notices.
Do u know when we would get our EADs ? Is anyone in a similar situation ?
Thanks
prolegalimmi
03-27 03:11 PM
If someone has a good flow of the English Language, we can write a letter to the editor.
http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0327/p01s03-uspo.html
http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0327/p01s03-uspo.html
more...
roseball
01-17 11:11 PM
Hey All,
I am on H1B on Indian passport and my current H1B that is stamped on passport will expire on March 18, 2010.
Recently, I got my H1b visa extension until 2012.
I'm currently working for my end client "X" from last 2 years and H1b holder is company "Y".
I am planning to go to India first two weeks of February and return on 17th Feb from EWR and returning back to EWR.
I do hav an employment verification letter obtained from my manager at end client "X".
I am planning to do my visa stamping while in Mumbai. I have 4 questions :
1) Looking at the current scenario, where most of H1B stamping at Mumbai consulates are going through administrative process;
do you recommend me to go to Mumbai for new visa stamping ?
2) If I simply return on my current visa, will the officer at POE ask me - why I did not get new H1 stamped on passport when I have 30 days for current to expire ?
Any advice ????????
3) I have confirmed tickets for me, wife and kid to arrive at Newark. Do you guys think it is wise to change the aiport to some other airport ?
4) Do you think dropping the plans going to India is more feasible than dealing through points 1-3 above.
I need your advise as soon as you can. Please share with me your viewpoints in the best possible way.
One more possibility you should consider is that though you have an H1 extension and assuming you get your visa stamped till 2012, if you re-enter US before your extension is valid, you might only get the new I-94 till your current H1 validity of Mar'2010. I have seen such instances before with the reason being the IO at POE cannot give an extension based on future validity.
I am on H1B on Indian passport and my current H1B that is stamped on passport will expire on March 18, 2010.
Recently, I got my H1b visa extension until 2012.
I'm currently working for my end client "X" from last 2 years and H1b holder is company "Y".
I am planning to go to India first two weeks of February and return on 17th Feb from EWR and returning back to EWR.
I do hav an employment verification letter obtained from my manager at end client "X".
I am planning to do my visa stamping while in Mumbai. I have 4 questions :
1) Looking at the current scenario, where most of H1B stamping at Mumbai consulates are going through administrative process;
do you recommend me to go to Mumbai for new visa stamping ?
2) If I simply return on my current visa, will the officer at POE ask me - why I did not get new H1 stamped on passport when I have 30 days for current to expire ?
Any advice ????????
3) I have confirmed tickets for me, wife and kid to arrive at Newark. Do you guys think it is wise to change the aiport to some other airport ?
4) Do you think dropping the plans going to India is more feasible than dealing through points 1-3 above.
I need your advise as soon as you can. Please share with me your viewpoints in the best possible way.
One more possibility you should consider is that though you have an H1 extension and assuming you get your visa stamped till 2012, if you re-enter US before your extension is valid, you might only get the new I-94 till your current H1 validity of Mar'2010. I have seen such instances before with the reason being the IO at POE cannot give an extension based on future validity.
WaldenPond
02-05 12:40 AM
Two bills tackling this matter have recently been introduced. One is the Protect America's Competitive Edge Act, by Senators Pete V. Domenici, Republican of New Mexico; Jeff Bingaman, Democrat of New Mexico; Lamar Alexander, Republican of Tennessee; and Barbara A. Mikulski, Democrat of Maryland. A similar bill was introduced by Senator Joseph I. Lieberman, Democrat of Connecticut. Several of the senators met with President Bush in December to encourage him to support the competitiveness legislation.
Hello stucklabor,
This is very promising news. We knew about PACE but another similar bill by Senator Joseph I. Lieberman just adds to the excitement. We should keep a close eye on these bills and maybe start sending communications to the lawmakers about these bills.
What do you say?
Hello stucklabor,
This is very promising news. We knew about PACE but another similar bill by Senator Joseph I. Lieberman just adds to the excitement. We should keep a close eye on these bills and maybe start sending communications to the lawmakers about these bills.
What do you say?
more...

frostrated
10-23 01:38 PM
I came to US 10 years ago and moved three times. Never filed AR-11 or change of address with USCIS. Filed for 485 in 2007 July with the latest address.
Will the failure to file AR-11 have any adverse impact on my 485? Should I send in an AR-11 now for the last change of address even though it's late by 2 yrs? I'm very much confused.
If I file the AR-11 now. couple of questions.
1. For the A# in the form, Should I leave it blank?
2. For the section "I work for or attend school at : (Employer name or name of School)"
I will give the employer name. But in address do I give their address or the clients address where I work, My employer is in Texas whereas I'm at the client location in East coast.
Please help...Thank you in advance.
as long as the USCIS has your latest address on file, you are fine. No action needed. But if you current address is different from the one on your 485, then you will need to send in an AR11. The card will be sent to the address on the application, and the postoffice will not forward the card if it goes to an old address, but send it back to USCIS.
Will the failure to file AR-11 have any adverse impact on my 485? Should I send in an AR-11 now for the last change of address even though it's late by 2 yrs? I'm very much confused.
If I file the AR-11 now. couple of questions.
1. For the A# in the form, Should I leave it blank?
2. For the section "I work for or attend school at : (Employer name or name of School)"
I will give the employer name. But in address do I give their address or the clients address where I work, My employer is in Texas whereas I'm at the client location in East coast.
Please help...Thank you in advance.
as long as the USCIS has your latest address on file, you are fine. No action needed. But if you current address is different from the one on your 485, then you will need to send in an AR11. The card will be sent to the address on the application, and the postoffice will not forward the card if it goes to an old address, but send it back to USCIS.
vaishnavilakshmi
07-09 03:20 PM
DOS issued one more bulletine today on 9th July 2007 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can u post the link to that bulletin announced on 9th july 2007? We didnt find anywhere ?
vaishu
Can u post the link to that bulletin announced on 9th july 2007? We didnt find anywhere ?
vaishu
more...

nfinity
03-14 10:41 AM
I just came back from bombay. I did not have an AP. I went to the consulate for stamping. If you are maintaining valid h1b status and have a stamp, there is no issue at all. Just carry your I-485 receipt with you and make sure you mention it at POE.
ramus
06-15 09:14 AM
Great.. Thank you..
Very good thred.
contribution close to 500$ so far wiling to contribute another 500$ in next 5 months.
Very good thred.
contribution close to 500$ so far wiling to contribute another 500$ in next 5 months.
more...
meridiani.planum
04-08 04:04 AM
On the same lines, I have a question...My H1B is expiring on Apr 22 (some how with previous approvals and transfers I didn't get a 3 + 3) and Apr 22 will mark 5 years + 1 month of my H1B stay in the US. I have an approved 140 and my AOS is pending. One attorney has convinced me of a 3 yr extension and though she's expensive, I decided to go with her services as two other attorneys didn't guarantee me a 3 yr extn as I'm still into my 6 year now and have not completed 6 full yrs on H1B. Qn is, will I get a 3 yr extension (based on my approved 140) or a 11 months extension now? My PD is Feb 2006.
Thanks in advance.
yes you will get 3 years extension. make sure the application requests 3 years (& your LCA covers 3 years)
Thanks in advance.
yes you will get 3 years extension. make sure the application requests 3 years (& your LCA covers 3 years)
kumkum
08-04 01:46 PM
Thank you very much Mr.sk.aggarwal.i will call them.
more...

uskiwi
05-19 11:28 AM
Can you then apply for the new H1B durng the 12 month stand down period or you have to wiat the 12 months before applying for one?
viveksri
02-28 12:08 PM
Thanks Guys,
I really appreciate all your input.
VS
I really appreciate all your input.
VS
Beemar
10-01 11:47 PM
... If you are one of those Indians who has an innate desire to look at everything with a shade of pink glasses you should reconsider living here. Airlines don’t fly one way from India to US. You can always take the flight back home. 16-hour workdays, a fantastic work life balance, and all basic amenities await you in the land of kamadhenu (the sacred mythological cow that gave the Hindu Gods everything they needed for a happy life)
Now now, you don't have to be so sarcastic, do you? Our career in America is a purely economic venture. It is beneficial to both us and USA. We get good money working here and US gets skilled labor for its labor starved hi-tech industry. After all US does invite us to work here by giving us work visa, isn't it. Do you think US will be churning out work visas if they can find sufficient US citizens tech workers? So pal, its all business, nothing personal. You don't have to make snide remarks on your motherland in order to justify your stay in US.
Now now, you don't have to be so sarcastic, do you? Our career in America is a purely economic venture. It is beneficial to both us and USA. We get good money working here and US gets skilled labor for its labor starved hi-tech industry. After all US does invite us to work here by giving us work visa, isn't it. Do you think US will be churning out work visas if they can find sufficient US citizens tech workers? So pal, its all business, nothing personal. You don't have to make snide remarks on your motherland in order to justify your stay in US.
needhelp!
10-18 05:37 PM
http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/AILAQandASept2007.pdf
sweet_jungle
10-05 11:08 PM
My wife has both OPT EAD (on F1) and 485 EAD. Both are valid. The OPT EAD was applied before july since we did not know abt the july thing earlier....
Now my question is which one should she use for employment..Also if either can be used then OPT ead is preferred since on OPT you do not have to pay Social Security and Medicare Taxes
I am also interested in this topic. My wife is working curently using OPT. But, she is waiting for EAD also. So, once 485 EAD comes, she will be in similar situation.
Lawyer has suggested using 485 EAD once it comes.
Anyway, for travelling, AP has to be used. Once you travel on AP and come back, you cannot continue working using OPT. You have to use 485 EAD. So, it is better to switch to 485 EAD to avoid confusion.
I am planning to keep her on OPT till Dec 31. It will make our tax filing easier next year. From January, she can switch to 485 EAD and pay social security tax.
Let me know if you can some concrete info on this.
Now my question is which one should she use for employment..Also if either can be used then OPT ead is preferred since on OPT you do not have to pay Social Security and Medicare Taxes
I am also interested in this topic. My wife is working curently using OPT. But, she is waiting for EAD also. So, once 485 EAD comes, she will be in similar situation.
Lawyer has suggested using 485 EAD once it comes.
Anyway, for travelling, AP has to be used. Once you travel on AP and come back, you cannot continue working using OPT. You have to use 485 EAD. So, it is better to switch to 485 EAD to avoid confusion.
I am planning to keep her on OPT till Dec 31. It will make our tax filing easier next year. From January, she can switch to 485 EAD and pay social security tax.
Let me know if you can some concrete info on this.
No comments:
Post a Comment