h1_b_visa_holder
05-23 10:39 AM
Don't know about others.... but surely not at MIT ! MIT has no program "totally on Web"... :)
I am sure MIT (Manipal Intitute of Technology , Marathwada Institute of Technology) has online programs :)
I am sure MIT (Manipal Intitute of Technology , Marathwada Institute of Technology) has online programs :)
wallpaper Re: Zarine Khan at Launch of
rakesh_one
03-07 11:47 AM
Guys....like everyone else I have been doing exhaustive research on this subject for last month or so.....I have resigned this week from my job and have decided to use AC21...... following are answers to some of your questions...
New Employer support - There is no need for the new employer to support the GC process.....After you file 485, the process is yours as an individual and not of any employer....All you are saying is that my I-140 was once approved with some employer and USCIS took forever (read more than 180 days) to give me my green card......so as long as your job is in the same profession (read occupational classification) you are okay....so NO, the new employer does not need to support the process....all they have to say in the employement verification letter is that we intend to hire this person on permenant basis after getting his Green Card...... Please read Yates Memo of 2005 and it will tell you all there is to know about AC21.....
Lawyer Support and Expenses------- I can imagine lawyers trying to make whatever case for asking whatever ammount of money for AC21 as that is a new business area for them?----- I do not think you need a lawyer for this.....there are plenty of letters on the net that show the template....also, if you are sure your employer is not going to revoke the I-140 then you are not even required to send the letter untill if and when USCIS asks for employement verification letter.....
As per charges from RK and Murthy...
Rajiv Khanna - $3000 for primary +$1000 per dependent
Murthy - $2000....
I have done some exhaustive research on this AC21 crap and have decided to change the employment......
You are wrong. New Employer has to support GC.
Since GC is for future employment, there should be an employer willing to hire you on the day 1 you got your GC. AC 21 helps you to transfer the burdon from one employer to other. In most cases, by providing an employement letter for a permanent job in the same or similar job, it is kind of implied that the new employer has assumed that burdon without themselves knowing it. It would help your case, if the new employer explicitly say that they acknowledge your pending 485 and would assure USCIS that they have a job up on approval 485.
New Employer support - There is no need for the new employer to support the GC process.....After you file 485, the process is yours as an individual and not of any employer....All you are saying is that my I-140 was once approved with some employer and USCIS took forever (read more than 180 days) to give me my green card......so as long as your job is in the same profession (read occupational classification) you are okay....so NO, the new employer does not need to support the process....all they have to say in the employement verification letter is that we intend to hire this person on permenant basis after getting his Green Card...... Please read Yates Memo of 2005 and it will tell you all there is to know about AC21.....
Lawyer Support and Expenses------- I can imagine lawyers trying to make whatever case for asking whatever ammount of money for AC21 as that is a new business area for them?----- I do not think you need a lawyer for this.....there are plenty of letters on the net that show the template....also, if you are sure your employer is not going to revoke the I-140 then you are not even required to send the letter untill if and when USCIS asks for employement verification letter.....
As per charges from RK and Murthy...
Rajiv Khanna - $3000 for primary +$1000 per dependent
Murthy - $2000....
I have done some exhaustive research on this AC21 crap and have decided to change the employment......
You are wrong. New Employer has to support GC.
Since GC is for future employment, there should be an employer willing to hire you on the day 1 you got your GC. AC 21 helps you to transfer the burdon from one employer to other. In most cases, by providing an employement letter for a permanent job in the same or similar job, it is kind of implied that the new employer has assumed that burdon without themselves knowing it. It would help your case, if the new employer explicitly say that they acknowledge your pending 485 and would assure USCIS that they have a job up on approval 485.

GreenCard4US
06-11 02:54 PM
Should we contact the Indian Government?
Look I don't want to say this to you but I am left with no other choice. When CEOs such as Steve Ballmer and John Chambers are personally calling the Senators because they think this amendment is a real threat, it will be least of our worries what opponents would think about us getting scared. We are not scared, we are simply making our voices heard. If we were scared we won't be doing this.
Now, you have no freaking clue of what is going on behind the scenes, this is your third post in this forum and all these posts in opposition to our action item which we are coordinating with other coalition partners. Why do you think you know more than the folks who are right now speaking with the Senators?
Look I don't want to say this to you but I am left with no other choice. When CEOs such as Steve Ballmer and John Chambers are personally calling the Senators because they think this amendment is a real threat, it will be least of our worries what opponents would think about us getting scared. We are not scared, we are simply making our voices heard. If we were scared we won't be doing this.
Now, you have no freaking clue of what is going on behind the scenes, this is your third post in this forum and all these posts in opposition to our action item which we are coordinating with other coalition partners. Why do you think you know more than the folks who are right now speaking with the Senators?
2011 Injan , x wallpaper
kumarc123
02-12 02:43 PM
I am the one who asked him that question. And you can see he doesn't have any proof.
The million dollor question is,
what are we going to do about it?
What is IV going to do?
I am proposing a rally and hiring a lawyer to file a case. We group of people can hire Ron Gotcher or any other good lawyer to file a case. I am ready to give some money. But not to IV, as they have ignored all are comments and not done anything in recent months.
No rally, No public initiative.
The million dollor question is,
what are we going to do about it?
What is IV going to do?
I am proposing a rally and hiring a lawyer to file a case. We group of people can hire Ron Gotcher or any other good lawyer to file a case. I am ready to give some money. But not to IV, as they have ignored all are comments and not done anything in recent months.
No rally, No public initiative.
more...
abhijitp
07-25 12:43 PM
I think its arguable. The 6 months clock is defined by law. After that even if they issue an RFE on the old employer, assumption is ofcourse that your with a new employer, you can send the new employer's offer letter / AC21 invoked. so it shouldn't be an issue. USCIS can ask about the offer letter from the old employer as intial evidence, so have it available and send it later + new employment letter.
Thanks everyone for replying.
Good point, it is worthwhile pursuing the matter and getting the EVL as initial evidence. All I ask for is transparency, so if they tell me to sign a bond for this purpose, I am happier than if they beat around the bush and evade the issue!
Thanks everyone for replying.
Good point, it is worthwhile pursuing the matter and getting the EVL as initial evidence. All I ask for is transparency, so if they tell me to sign a bond for this purpose, I am happier than if they beat around the bush and evade the issue!
BlueSunD
03-07 07:28 PM
Nice one Elisoe.... really sad you couldn�t tweak it more as you might want it to, but hey, we�ve got our first final image, and it�s really cool! Congratulations!
Those are some sad news 3d Nirvana, but hey, it�ll be really cool if you get the time to showcase something later!
I would like to know who�s still participating, thought.... just curious :P!
If you wonder, �m still in! :hugegrin:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And... Sparky, what�s your question? not that I�m an expert or something, but hey we can try to help, at least with tutorials :)
Those are some sad news 3d Nirvana, but hey, it�ll be really cool if you get the time to showcase something later!
I would like to know who�s still participating, thought.... just curious :P!
If you wonder, �m still in! :hugegrin:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And... Sparky, what�s your question? not that I�m an expert or something, but hey we can try to help, at least with tutorials :)
more...
Mr. Brown
03-10 04:29 PM
Hello,
I strongly suggest that we focus our time and efforts on a single and achievable target in this calendar year 2009.
Recapturing unused visa numbers from the last two decades would help us eliminate the retrogression issue. Other changes like Comprehensive Immigration Reform, Eliminating per country limits etc would require a leap of faith in the political process and it is unlikely to be achieved in this calendar year. The economy, unemployment rates, health care etc are bound to dominate the legislative agenda this year.
I suggest writing a petition or letter to the White House and the administrative offices strongly urging them to recapture the unused visa numbers.
I think we should follow the KISS ("Keep it Simple, Stupid") Principle to achieve this target.
If we add any other immigration provisions, it would increase the complexity of the legislation and it is bound to fail.
Could the administrators of this forum please consider my suggestion of focusing on recapturing the visa numbers and assign this task the highest priority.
By re-capturing the visa numbers, we are not asking for any change in the immigration laws. We are simply asking to use the visa numbers that had been lost due to inefficient processing by the USCIS.
Let us start preparing a petition and create a dedicated fund to achieve this goal of visa number recapturing.
Thank you.
Great thought about being focussed on one topic that doesn't even need a "reform"!Simplest solution to the retrogression problem I have heard so far.
I strongly suggest that we focus our time and efforts on a single and achievable target in this calendar year 2009.
Recapturing unused visa numbers from the last two decades would help us eliminate the retrogression issue. Other changes like Comprehensive Immigration Reform, Eliminating per country limits etc would require a leap of faith in the political process and it is unlikely to be achieved in this calendar year. The economy, unemployment rates, health care etc are bound to dominate the legislative agenda this year.
I suggest writing a petition or letter to the White House and the administrative offices strongly urging them to recapture the unused visa numbers.
I think we should follow the KISS ("Keep it Simple, Stupid") Principle to achieve this target.
If we add any other immigration provisions, it would increase the complexity of the legislation and it is bound to fail.
Could the administrators of this forum please consider my suggestion of focusing on recapturing the visa numbers and assign this task the highest priority.
By re-capturing the visa numbers, we are not asking for any change in the immigration laws. We are simply asking to use the visa numbers that had been lost due to inefficient processing by the USCIS.
Let us start preparing a petition and create a dedicated fund to achieve this goal of visa number recapturing.
Thank you.
Great thought about being focussed on one topic that doesn't even need a "reform"!Simplest solution to the retrogression problem I have heard so far.
2010 Zarine Khan Veer Movie Actress
gcisadawg
12-14 11:20 PM
kumar1,
I agree to most of the points you wrote. I believe there is one thing that you missed.
H1B is a dual intent visa that allows a foreigner to work in US and also apply for permanent residency. It was originally intended for American companies to hire people from abroad. But how many American companies hire people directly from abroad? Even if there is some, it would be very very minimal.
Body shoppers are the one who take on the difficult task of interviewing/recruiting/sponsoring/air-lifting the foreigner to USA in addition to preparing the candidate to withstand the rigors of a visa interview.
They give initial accommodation (agreed, a 1BR aptmnt cramped with many ppl), pay on bench ( accepted, not all), place the candidate on a project and get the foreigner US work/cultural experience. After they go through the whole nine yards, these American companies jump in and poach these H1Bs.
Take the body shoppers and glorified body shoppers like TCS, wipro, infy etc out of the equation and you would have sheer wastage of H1B numbers since the American companies will not go abroad to recruit someone who is unfamiliar with US work culture.
That is why congress came up with 20K quota for master degree holders who can be recruited directly by US corporations. In my opinion, US corporations should not complain at all since they were never interested in upholding the true spirit of H1B by recruiting people from abroad directly.
-gcisadawg
I agree to most of the points you wrote. I believe there is one thing that you missed.
H1B is a dual intent visa that allows a foreigner to work in US and also apply for permanent residency. It was originally intended for American companies to hire people from abroad. But how many American companies hire people directly from abroad? Even if there is some, it would be very very minimal.
Body shoppers are the one who take on the difficult task of interviewing/recruiting/sponsoring/air-lifting the foreigner to USA in addition to preparing the candidate to withstand the rigors of a visa interview.
They give initial accommodation (agreed, a 1BR aptmnt cramped with many ppl), pay on bench ( accepted, not all), place the candidate on a project and get the foreigner US work/cultural experience. After they go through the whole nine yards, these American companies jump in and poach these H1Bs.
Take the body shoppers and glorified body shoppers like TCS, wipro, infy etc out of the equation and you would have sheer wastage of H1B numbers since the American companies will not go abroad to recruit someone who is unfamiliar with US work culture.
That is why congress came up with 20K quota for master degree holders who can be recruited directly by US corporations. In my opinion, US corporations should not complain at all since they were never interested in upholding the true spirit of H1B by recruiting people from abroad directly.
-gcisadawg
more...

ca_immigrant
06-08 09:10 PM
10 yrs???? what are you talking about, the pace at which we are going right now.. minimum 200 yrs+- 6 months:confused:
saxena sabhib,
maafi chata huin but I do not agree with your analysis....
(I am sorry but I do not agree with your analysis)....
I am thinking more like.....he pace at which we are going right now.. minimum 200 yrs+- 5 months
(so my prediction is one month less than yours)....I am sure I am right and you are rong...;)
anways, USCIS does not seem to help us anymore....
I will go home and try to convince my daughter to sponsor me.....she is 4 currently so I might be able to convince her and get a legal document signed....
have a good evening folks !
saxena sabhib,
maafi chata huin but I do not agree with your analysis....
(I am sorry but I do not agree with your analysis)....
I am thinking more like.....he pace at which we are going right now.. minimum 200 yrs+- 5 months
(so my prediction is one month less than yours)....I am sure I am right and you are rong...;)
anways, USCIS does not seem to help us anymore....
I will go home and try to convince my daughter to sponsor me.....she is 4 currently so I might be able to convince her and get a legal document signed....
have a good evening folks !
hair “Zarine Khan of Veer Unveiled”
JunRN
09-10 08:25 PM
Hammond Law Group said it was postponed due to lack of quorum. Which one is true? ILW or Hammond Law?
more...
vandanaverdia
09-12 06:58 PM
"If you would create something,
you must be something."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Be a part of creating history... Come to DC...
Help IV help you...
you must be something."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Be a part of creating history... Come to DC...
Help IV help you...
hot Zarine Khan looking worried in

reddymjm
10-16 01:36 PM
Please work on the IV approved action items before working on these.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22037
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18955
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22037
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18955
more...
house quot;Veerquot; actress Zarine Khan at
retrohatao
02-15 05:00 PM
indi0617
Tried every thing:
1. Lawyer contacted USCIS. Waiting for security clearnace. USCIS does not expedite the issue
2. Contacted Congressman- nada
3. Contacted senetors - no help
4. E-mailed FBI- No reply
5. Faxed several letters- might have gone into trash bin
6. Sent snail mail. They have received it. Probably using the paper for various other uses.
That is the whole point to raise the issue in this forum, so that everyone in this forum aware of the problem.
You can not expedite it. You may sue, but never seen anyone doing that. It is such a hopeless ridiculous unresponsive process.
Mine is a very reputed industry. Does not matter who you are and whom you work for? They just do not care
Tried every thing:
1. Lawyer contacted USCIS. Waiting for security clearnace. USCIS does not expedite the issue
2. Contacted Congressman- nada
3. Contacted senetors - no help
4. E-mailed FBI- No reply
5. Faxed several letters- might have gone into trash bin
6. Sent snail mail. They have received it. Probably using the paper for various other uses.
That is the whole point to raise the issue in this forum, so that everyone in this forum aware of the problem.
You can not expedite it. You may sue, but never seen anyone doing that. It is such a hopeless ridiculous unresponsive process.
Mine is a very reputed industry. Does not matter who you are and whom you work for? They just do not care
tattoo Veer Movie Gallery
sameer2730
03-12 11:19 AM
At least the money is put to some use and results are tangible, how about the results in here?
Refer to my posts.
IV core needs to explain!
What is tangible. If I take $20 from you to buy a movie ticket and fetch it from you and simply buy it for you is that tangible. The same is true with lawyers taking $700 and getting an EAD. You could do it yourself but assume its safer to do it via someone in whose self interest it is if your case has problems.
Refer to my posts.
IV core needs to explain!
What is tangible. If I take $20 from you to buy a movie ticket and fetch it from you and simply buy it for you is that tangible. The same is true with lawyers taking $700 and getting an EAD. You could do it yourself but assume its safer to do it via someone in whose self interest it is if your case has problems.
more...
pictures Zareen+khan Actress veer
ItsLife
06-10 09:34 PM
Incorrect. You have to submit proof of employment. Basically a letter from employer. If you are unemployed that that will raise a red flag and you cannot renew your EAD anyways. So current and future employment letter is a must for getting EAD. Sometimes they even ask you for salary slips if they suspect your employment. In this proposed amendment the employer also has an obligation to record layoffs and inform government. That makes it very tough for EAD guys to renew their EADs. Even if you are not working for the same company that filed your EAD, USCIS record can show there were layoffs and your applications will be in trouble. Expect lot of RFE and denials. Remember AC21 denials last year?
-----
Once you get your EAD and move on you dont have to worry about this stupid memo. Anyone who is trying to fool you is scaring you including this stupid eastIndia. Dont spread false rumours.
-----
Once you get your EAD and move on you dont have to worry about this stupid memo. Anyone who is trying to fool you is scaring you including this stupid eastIndia. Dont spread false rumours.
dresses Veer, the film veer piercing

nomi
12-11 02:32 PM
I think we should spend more time to explore this option too. If USCIS make this rule which alllow us to file I-485 with out PD current that will be big relief for us.
more...
makeup movie veer zarine khan poster
thesparky007
02-16 07:11 PM
ohhhhhhhh my goddddddddddddd
tht is cool
man!
i want to do those stuff
i will learn
tell me a good program
tht is cool
man!
i want to do those stuff
i will learn
tell me a good program
girlfriend “Zarine Khan of Veer Unveiled”
chmur
03-17 05:35 PM
The way I read it is ...People with PD's earlier than 2004-05 have been their long enough to understnd the pain and hence are active in all these forums , participate in such polls etc.
Others are happy with their EAD's and know anyway it's going to be a while and are in hibernation ...cannot blame them ...this GC following can get stressfull ....ignorance is bliss....suddenly the laws might change or something like July 07 might happen again ....
I think only those who got stuck in the Labor backlog (This could be huge #) and few other unlucky ones like me are the ones who are still waiting in India-EB3 Catergory pre 2004.
I know a bunch of India-EB3 pre 2004 got approved in the gold rush of July 2007
Others are happy with their EAD's and know anyway it's going to be a while and are in hibernation ...cannot blame them ...this GC following can get stressfull ....ignorance is bliss....suddenly the laws might change or something like July 07 might happen again ....
I think only those who got stuck in the Labor backlog (This could be huge #) and few other unlucky ones like me are the ones who are still waiting in India-EB3 Catergory pre 2004.
I know a bunch of India-EB3 pre 2004 got approved in the gold rush of July 2007
hairstyles Beautiful Zarine Khan Veer
abhijitp
09-26 04:11 PM
Check it out
Dear Reader,
Thank you for your interest in FSB. We admit that there was a
mischaracterization of the Capitol Hill rally in the story and it was
corrected as soon we realized the error.
We have changed the story to correctly identify the mission as a protest of
the long delays in securing green cards for highly-skilled workers already
in the U.S.
We will work to avoid errors like this in the future.
Best regards,
FSB
Thanks to one and all members who wrote to CNN about this!
Dear Reader,
Thank you for your interest in FSB. We admit that there was a
mischaracterization of the Capitol Hill rally in the story and it was
corrected as soon we realized the error.
We have changed the story to correctly identify the mission as a protest of
the long delays in securing green cards for highly-skilled workers already
in the U.S.
We will work to avoid errors like this in the future.
Best regards,
FSB
Thanks to one and all members who wrote to CNN about this!
indio0617
11-20 09:20 AM
Probably, at this moment it might still be true but the reality is that it is soon going to be demoted from this position......so there is nothing like missing the opportunity....!!!!
VERY TRUE...
VERY TRUE...
senthil1
04-04 03:39 PM
If number of H1b increases obviously waiting period will increase for GC. So H1b reform will be positive in multiple aspects
1.It will satisfy anti immigrants and will give some kind of security to US citizens. There is no question that only new jobs that too no skilled worker is available in USA then only H1b should be hired. Even India we are rarely hiring foreigners in any company. Not only India any other country in the world does that(only when no personsare available they hire foreigners).
2.If no of H1b decreases automatically waiting period will reduce as no of people applying are less for gc .
And how does "reshaping current mad behavior of H1B application" help fix green card backlog. Circulating debate around H-1b is the favorite trick of large IT companies. It is also the favorite trick of anti-green card reform groups like IEEE.
Just because the quota got over the first day it implies that the system is abused, right? Let me tell who is abused. People waiting for green card are abused. Not fixing green card delays and deliberately keeping the debate around H-1b is an abuse.
1.It will satisfy anti immigrants and will give some kind of security to US citizens. There is no question that only new jobs that too no skilled worker is available in USA then only H1b should be hired. Even India we are rarely hiring foreigners in any company. Not only India any other country in the world does that(only when no personsare available they hire foreigners).
2.If no of H1b decreases automatically waiting period will reduce as no of people applying are less for gc .
And how does "reshaping current mad behavior of H1B application" help fix green card backlog. Circulating debate around H-1b is the favorite trick of large IT companies. It is also the favorite trick of anti-green card reform groups like IEEE.
Just because the quota got over the first day it implies that the system is abused, right? Let me tell who is abused. People waiting for green card are abused. Not fixing green card delays and deliberately keeping the debate around H-1b is an abuse.
No comments:
Post a Comment