bho123
08-11 11:33 PM
Guys
I have filed for my renewal EAD on May 29th at NSC. My current EAD expires on Sept 24th. I havent got the renewal EAD yet, where as my wife got it both applications were sent in the same envelope. I am working on EAD and am losing sleep since if my EAD doesnt come in time I will be out of my payroll.
Has some one gone to the local USCIS office to get the interim EAD recently? I was told that option no longer exists.
Can some one post the FAX #s to expedite EAD requests?
yes that is true, Local uscis no longer provides interim EAD. they just place a request for interim EAD from their office only after your application has crossed 90 days from the receipt date (not notice date).
I have filed for my renewal EAD on May 29th at NSC. My current EAD expires on Sept 24th. I havent got the renewal EAD yet, where as my wife got it both applications were sent in the same envelope. I am working on EAD and am losing sleep since if my EAD doesnt come in time I will be out of my payroll.
Has some one gone to the local USCIS office to get the interim EAD recently? I was told that option no longer exists.
Can some one post the FAX #s to expedite EAD requests?
yes that is true, Local uscis no longer provides interim EAD. they just place a request for interim EAD from their office only after your application has crossed 90 days from the receipt date (not notice date).
lazycis
01-15 03:00 PM
Thank you; my reading of the law is also the same. However, a few of years ago (post-2001) both inside and outside counsel hired by my company came to a different conclusion. Hence, my parsing of the words.
Yeah, that's the beauty of being a lawyer, you can interpret the same thing differently, get your money and do not bear any responsibility :)
Yeah, that's the beauty of being a lawyer, you can interpret the same thing differently, get your money and do not bear any responsibility :)
gulute
09-16 02:57 AM
The major grievance of people on H1 was their spouses cannot work and when the ruling came into effect that the time spent on H4 will not be counted and a new 6 year term is possible, H4s massively applied for H1, and this year�s H1 quota was over on the first day itself and then the lotto! Now when the H1 is approved they are too chicken and do not want to work!
They have taken away these most coveted H1 visa numbers from qualified professionals who wanted to come and work in this country. Please don�t do this next year!
So far two, any more in the same situation! :confused:
Same situation here. As per my lawyer (good lawyer can be trusted but could be ill informed) If my wife doesn't join the employer there is no status change. No need to file any reinstatement from H4 to H1. And I have reconfirmed this a couple of times now.
If you hear anything different from a legit source please do let me know.
Other relevant details in my case is that my wife's ead/ap application was filed on 2nd July. and She is under Adjustment of Status (485) as a derivative. On a second thought, I am not sure if this is the same case as yours.
They have taken away these most coveted H1 visa numbers from qualified professionals who wanted to come and work in this country. Please don�t do this next year!
So far two, any more in the same situation! :confused:
Same situation here. As per my lawyer (good lawyer can be trusted but could be ill informed) If my wife doesn't join the employer there is no status change. No need to file any reinstatement from H4 to H1. And I have reconfirmed this a couple of times now.
If you hear anything different from a legit source please do let me know.
Other relevant details in my case is that my wife's ead/ap application was filed on 2nd July. and She is under Adjustment of Status (485) as a derivative. On a second thought, I am not sure if this is the same case as yours.
EB2_Jun03_dude
04-11 11:16 AM
I called (First time in last 4 months) to TSC using POJ method to check how they are trying to process cases. I know it was a futile attempt but wanted to try my luck regardless.
Guess what? When you can't get through right away (which is never) you get put on hold in queue. Instead of background music you would get with any other wait in queue system - the message kept repeating every second - "Your estimated wait time is between 10-15 minutes"...
It annoyed the heck out of me and I hung up rather than hearing the message over and over again.
Since I have not called in past few months, I do not know if this is how it always worked or is this a recent change. As far as I recall, they did have background music which made it a little bearable to wait 10 minutes.
dude do not hang-up. It is just another innovative way by USCIS to check your patience. The message changes to 5-10 minutes and then someone does talk to you ... :)
Guess what? When you can't get through right away (which is never) you get put on hold in queue. Instead of background music you would get with any other wait in queue system - the message kept repeating every second - "Your estimated wait time is between 10-15 minutes"...
It annoyed the heck out of me and I hung up rather than hearing the message over and over again.
Since I have not called in past few months, I do not know if this is how it always worked or is this a recent change. As far as I recall, they did have background music which made it a little bearable to wait 10 minutes.
dude do not hang-up. It is just another innovative way by USCIS to check your patience. The message changes to 5-10 minutes and then someone does talk to you ... :)
more...
pitha
01-21 12:12 AM
IV in good faith shared there plan about 485 provision with everybody. And it backfired spectacularly, though for no fault of IV. There were (and still are) a lot of bad apples who made a lot of noise not just here but also went on to other sites to carry there agenda. There agenda is to oppose 485. I am not against idea of opposite point of view but look at the extent these people went to push there agenda. They are calling IV all sorts of names and casting aspirations on IV team.
I personally support the filing of 485 provision. But whatever decision IV has about 485 issues may be it is better of that they not disclose it. Hind sight is 20-20 but it might have been better if IV pushed this idea without informing everybody.
I am not second guessing or doing Monday night quarterbacking but just saying with the lessons learned going forward not to disclose information. Democracy does not mean leadership has to run by each decision or explain each decision to everybody. IV is stuck between the devil and deep sea. Damned if the disclose damned if they do not disclose. Bottom line of what I am trying to say is we should get used to information blackouts. We are not getting any information but the important thing is our opposition is also not getting information about IV plans. It might be better that way. Now the difficult part is explaining that to people who want updates.
I personally support the filing of 485 provision. But whatever decision IV has about 485 issues may be it is better of that they not disclose it. Hind sight is 20-20 but it might have been better if IV pushed this idea without informing everybody.
I am not second guessing or doing Monday night quarterbacking but just saying with the lessons learned going forward not to disclose information. Democracy does not mean leadership has to run by each decision or explain each decision to everybody. IV is stuck between the devil and deep sea. Damned if the disclose damned if they do not disclose. Bottom line of what I am trying to say is we should get used to information blackouts. We are not getting any information but the important thing is our opposition is also not getting information about IV plans. It might be better that way. Now the difficult part is explaining that to people who want updates.
vbkris77
04-29 10:01 AM
Recapture and STEM can eliminate the existing backlog including PDs of 2009 EB3I within an year.
But then the damage is already made that there will never be a backlog built. Most of this backlog is because of wasted visas. There is a fragile balance between non-immigrant visas and immigrant visas. CIS screwed it up. But then once this is restored with the above provisions, for atleast until CIS screws it up big time again.
So lets just support this effort of IV unconditionally.
There are 26 pages in this document and half page for legal EB immigrants.
Pros
1.GC for MS in STEM
2.Per country limits removed
Cons
1.No increase in number of EBs
2.Now all counties will be backloged instead of just I and C. ( Misery loves company)
But then the damage is already made that there will never be a backlog built. Most of this backlog is because of wasted visas. There is a fragile balance between non-immigrant visas and immigrant visas. CIS screwed it up. But then once this is restored with the above provisions, for atleast until CIS screws it up big time again.
So lets just support this effort of IV unconditionally.
There are 26 pages in this document and half page for legal EB immigrants.
Pros
1.GC for MS in STEM
2.Per country limits removed
Cons
1.No increase in number of EBs
2.Now all counties will be backloged instead of just I and C. ( Misery loves company)
more...
purgan
09-14 08:26 PM
Its coming around to that time of the year again... an article on the (ultimately unsuccessful) effort to raise the H-1B/EB cap last year. This refers to the infamous S. 1932 bill
Immigration restrictionists argument at the time, was "we should not be doing immigration in this bill". So when should it be done- in the CIR Bill. Well, CIR has come and gone by, and still there is no relief to the H-1B/EB blackout. Will these people support the SKIL Bill after Nov? I don't think so. So what will be their excuse this time? Let's wait till next year for comprehensive reform again:)
What these airheads don't realize is that they're only strengthening momentum for CIR by opposing SKIL, Bill Gates and the big tech lobbies, healthcare lobbies, universities, Chamber of Comemrce, and other business groups such as NAM are going to add tremendouly to the strength of the H-1B/EB reform version of CIR.
Sometimes i just feel that CIR should pass big time and 15-20 million illegals be legalized, so these folks are 'immigration-desensitized". It will happen under a Democratic House, an even more Democratic Leaning Senate and a President determined to do something in his penultimate year in office. Watch out for 07!
========
Budget bill would boost green cards
By Stephen Dinan
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
October 31, 2005
The Senate's budget package includes provisions that would make available hundreds of thousands of green cards for new permanent legal immigrants, in what is shaping up as the next congressional fight over immigration.
The bill's measures would "recapture" 90,000 unused employment-based immigration visas and would exempt family members from counting toward the cap, which is set at 140,000 per year.
Based on past trends, exempting family members would mean an additional 150,000 permanent legal immigrants annually. About 1 million people become legal immigrants each year.
The change is part of the deficit-reducing budget reconciliation bill, which is on the Senate floor today and includes billions of dollars in cuts in Medicaid and other social spending and allows for oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
"We should never be doing immigration policy inside this kind of bill," said Rep. Tom Tancredo, Colorado Republican, adding that he will vote against the bill if it makes it to the House.
The Senate Judiciary Committee, which was faced with a deficit-reduction target, chose to meet it in part by selling to employers the 90,000 unused immigration visas and by raising the fee on employment-based visas by $500 each.
The panel also voted to allow 30,000 more workers per year under the H-1B temporary-visa program.
The measure is supported by universities, hospitals, technology companies and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which say there is a shortage of qualified workers.
"These are workers who already have been certified by the Department of Labor for positions U.S. workers could not be found, or who are internationally recognized for research and other achievements," the Chamber of Commerce said in a letter of support.
The chamber also said many of these workers are in the country and that the Senate bill just streamlines their pursuit of green cards.
Deborah Meyers, senior policy analyst at the Migration Policy Institute, said the changes make sense because the current system doesn't accommodate the need for high-skilled workers and would help reduce a backlog in applications from India and China, where those now being accepted applied at least four years ago.
But critics say the money raised -- about $120 million a year -- does not compensate for the damage to Americans seeking jobs.
The Coalition for the Future American Worker, made up of groups that back stricter immigration limits, will begin running a newspaper ad lobbying Congress this week to oppose the changes.
The bill first must clear the Senate and then go to a House-Senate conference committee, and some House members said they will try to ensure the provision isn't included in any final bill.
"We don't expect there to be any immigration provisions in reconciliation. This is not the time or place for controversial immigration provisions," said Rep. Lamar Smith, Texas Republican.
Mr. Smith said party leaders will have a difficult enough time passing the budget bill without adding immigration to the list of issues covered.
"We're going to need every Republican we can get to pass it," he said.
The House budget bill does not raise immigration levels. Instead, the House Judiciary Committee met its budget-cutting goal by increasing the fee for L-1 visas, another temporary-worker program, by $1,500.
The Senate debate on legal immigration comes even as Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, Tennessee Republican, announced last week that the Senate would take up broad immigration reform early next year.
The overall bill is expected to tackle legal and illegal immigration, border security and interior immigration enforcement.
Amy Call, a spokeswoman for Mr. Frist, said he supports the legal immigration increases but considers them "a temporary stopgap measure."
"Recapturing old, unused visas will only help satisfy some of the current excess demand for highly skilled workers, but at some point even this pool of recaptured visas will be exhausted," Mrs. Call said.
The bill also increases H-1B visas from 65,000 to 95,000 in fiscal 2006 and raises the fee employers pay by $500.
Immigration restrictionists argument at the time, was "we should not be doing immigration in this bill". So when should it be done- in the CIR Bill. Well, CIR has come and gone by, and still there is no relief to the H-1B/EB blackout. Will these people support the SKIL Bill after Nov? I don't think so. So what will be their excuse this time? Let's wait till next year for comprehensive reform again:)
What these airheads don't realize is that they're only strengthening momentum for CIR by opposing SKIL, Bill Gates and the big tech lobbies, healthcare lobbies, universities, Chamber of Comemrce, and other business groups such as NAM are going to add tremendouly to the strength of the H-1B/EB reform version of CIR.
Sometimes i just feel that CIR should pass big time and 15-20 million illegals be legalized, so these folks are 'immigration-desensitized". It will happen under a Democratic House, an even more Democratic Leaning Senate and a President determined to do something in his penultimate year in office. Watch out for 07!
========
Budget bill would boost green cards
By Stephen Dinan
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
October 31, 2005
The Senate's budget package includes provisions that would make available hundreds of thousands of green cards for new permanent legal immigrants, in what is shaping up as the next congressional fight over immigration.
The bill's measures would "recapture" 90,000 unused employment-based immigration visas and would exempt family members from counting toward the cap, which is set at 140,000 per year.
Based on past trends, exempting family members would mean an additional 150,000 permanent legal immigrants annually. About 1 million people become legal immigrants each year.
The change is part of the deficit-reducing budget reconciliation bill, which is on the Senate floor today and includes billions of dollars in cuts in Medicaid and other social spending and allows for oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
"We should never be doing immigration policy inside this kind of bill," said Rep. Tom Tancredo, Colorado Republican, adding that he will vote against the bill if it makes it to the House.
The Senate Judiciary Committee, which was faced with a deficit-reduction target, chose to meet it in part by selling to employers the 90,000 unused immigration visas and by raising the fee on employment-based visas by $500 each.
The panel also voted to allow 30,000 more workers per year under the H-1B temporary-visa program.
The measure is supported by universities, hospitals, technology companies and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which say there is a shortage of qualified workers.
"These are workers who already have been certified by the Department of Labor for positions U.S. workers could not be found, or who are internationally recognized for research and other achievements," the Chamber of Commerce said in a letter of support.
The chamber also said many of these workers are in the country and that the Senate bill just streamlines their pursuit of green cards.
Deborah Meyers, senior policy analyst at the Migration Policy Institute, said the changes make sense because the current system doesn't accommodate the need for high-skilled workers and would help reduce a backlog in applications from India and China, where those now being accepted applied at least four years ago.
But critics say the money raised -- about $120 million a year -- does not compensate for the damage to Americans seeking jobs.
The Coalition for the Future American Worker, made up of groups that back stricter immigration limits, will begin running a newspaper ad lobbying Congress this week to oppose the changes.
The bill first must clear the Senate and then go to a House-Senate conference committee, and some House members said they will try to ensure the provision isn't included in any final bill.
"We don't expect there to be any immigration provisions in reconciliation. This is not the time or place for controversial immigration provisions," said Rep. Lamar Smith, Texas Republican.
Mr. Smith said party leaders will have a difficult enough time passing the budget bill without adding immigration to the list of issues covered.
"We're going to need every Republican we can get to pass it," he said.
The House budget bill does not raise immigration levels. Instead, the House Judiciary Committee met its budget-cutting goal by increasing the fee for L-1 visas, another temporary-worker program, by $1,500.
The Senate debate on legal immigration comes even as Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, Tennessee Republican, announced last week that the Senate would take up broad immigration reform early next year.
The overall bill is expected to tackle legal and illegal immigration, border security and interior immigration enforcement.
Amy Call, a spokeswoman for Mr. Frist, said he supports the legal immigration increases but considers them "a temporary stopgap measure."
"Recapturing old, unused visas will only help satisfy some of the current excess demand for highly skilled workers, but at some point even this pool of recaptured visas will be exhausted," Mrs. Call said.
The bill also increases H-1B visas from 65,000 to 95,000 in fiscal 2006 and raises the fee employers pay by $500.
gc_mania_03
06-24 10:00 AM
Even I am going back to school full-time with my wife on EAD with AOS pending. As far as I know there are no issues. If there are any specifics in your case, just consult your attorney.
I remember in one of the calls with attorney[organized by IV], I was told I don't have to worry about producing pay-stubs.
-gc_mania_03
I remember in one of the calls with attorney[organized by IV], I was told I don't have to worry about producing pay-stubs.
-gc_mania_03
more...
malibuguy007
07-21 11:31 PM
Take advice of another lawyer. I have a friend who did something similar and he is simply sitting tight (on advice of his lawyer). So I would not simply start the whole process from scratch before consulting a couple of other lawyers.
newuser
09-01 09:52 AM
Please see an attorney.
more...
nb_des
09-21 02:39 PM
As I understand even NumbersUSA support removing the per country cap.
vxg
10-31 03:33 PM
Query on Advance Parol. Send Clear Copies of Passports and I 94 Cards.
Question? Does I need to send all I 94 Cards of each H1B and all copies of passports with all pages.
I appreciate your suggestions..
I had the same query for my wife. I sent color copies of passport front and back, latest visa, I-94, DL and EAD all in color. Keep me posted how long it took for you to get approval after you sent the docs.
Question? Does I need to send all I 94 Cards of each H1B and all copies of passports with all pages.
I appreciate your suggestions..
I had the same query for my wife. I sent color copies of passport front and back, latest visa, I-94, DL and EAD all in color. Keep me posted how long it took for you to get approval after you sent the docs.
more...
sanu121
12-22 05:07 PM
Austin+1
Count me in.
Count me in.
s416504
08-29 01:09 PM
I do agree with IV Core Team and I am sure we will show good strength at DC
more...
mariner5555
05-24 10:18 PM
Hi Gurus...
I am one of the July 2007 EAD filers and did not file for AP at that time.
So I am in the process of the renewing EAD & Applying for AP for the first time.
I have couple of questions..
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif
Angry
do you get Finger Printing for EAD Renewal ?
do you get Finger Printing / Biometrics for first time applying of AP [Advance Parole]
Your help is much appreciated
this is my experience - I efiled for myself for EAD only (no AP applied so far - we had been to India recently) and I got a FP notice. for my wife, we renewed by postal mail and she didnt get any FP notice -- we already recd her EAD card (in roughly 25 - 30 days).
I had efiled mine few days before her and so
far nothing - only soft LUD's.
and yes ..EAD was renewed for only one year ..so I guess USCIS still treats this as a cash cow !!!http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif
:mad:
I am one of the July 2007 EAD filers and did not file for AP at that time.
So I am in the process of the renewing EAD & Applying for AP for the first time.
I have couple of questions..
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif
Angry
do you get Finger Printing for EAD Renewal ?
do you get Finger Printing / Biometrics for first time applying of AP [Advance Parole]
Your help is much appreciated
this is my experience - I efiled for myself for EAD only (no AP applied so far - we had been to India recently) and I got a FP notice. for my wife, we renewed by postal mail and she didnt get any FP notice -- we already recd her EAD card (in roughly 25 - 30 days).
I had efiled mine few days before her and so
far nothing - only soft LUD's.
and yes ..EAD was renewed for only one year ..so I guess USCIS still treats this as a cash cow !!!http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif
:mad:
amoldc
10-30 02:08 PM
Hi My Application alongwith my wife and daughter reached NSC on July 2 and signed by J. Barett. Till date (Oct 30 - 2007) I have not received any information. Its over 4 months and whenever I call USCIS they are asking me to wait. I think my application is lost.
My lawyer had sent 25 applications in one packet 22 of them got receipts except the three for me, my wife and daughter.
Will I be able to refile? Lawyer has Fedex Receipt....
My lawyer had sent 25 applications in one packet 22 of them got receipts except the three for me, my wife and daughter.
Will I be able to refile? Lawyer has Fedex Receipt....
more...
desi3933
06-22 07:54 AM
What if the I 94 is expired and an H1B extension is filed and still waiting for the Approval?
Will that one will also be rejected or by attaching the receipt copy will be good enough?
Expired I-94 is ok, if
it is expired less than 180 days ago. 245(k) covers this.
or
change of status to H1/H4/L1/L2 is pending. In this case, attach copy of the receipt.
Not a legal advice.
------------------------------------
Permanent Resident since May 2002
Will that one will also be rejected or by attaching the receipt copy will be good enough?
Expired I-94 is ok, if
it is expired less than 180 days ago. 245(k) covers this.
or
change of status to H1/H4/L1/L2 is pending. In this case, attach copy of the receipt.
Not a legal advice.
------------------------------------
Permanent Resident since May 2002
MetteBB
05-12 12:48 PM
**font perhaps?
Did you think of maybe reversing the stroke and fill colours of the font to achieve better contrast? instead of green stroke white outline, the apple, for example, reverse it so that it is white on the outside, green on the inside, because the green tends to blend in with the fruit.
Wouldnt the white blend in with the background perhaps? *Just a thought
I will have a look at it though... Thanx for the comments
Did you think of maybe reversing the stroke and fill colours of the font to achieve better contrast? instead of green stroke white outline, the apple, for example, reverse it so that it is white on the outside, green on the inside, because the green tends to blend in with the fruit.
Wouldnt the white blend in with the background perhaps? *Just a thought
I will have a look at it though... Thanx for the comments
jsb
05-27 01:02 PM
this is final stage of processing, get ready for GC stamp on passport.
Good luck.
I don't think you need a stamp on your passport? GC comes as a plastic card by mail. No more stampings !!
Good luck.
I don't think you need a stamp on your passport? GC comes as a plastic card by mail. No more stampings !!
solaris27
08-06 06:22 PM
congrats
webm
12-15 08:55 PM
I thought many who had submitted in July 2007 (July fiasco) had got FP notice...but not sure....
I thought you got second FP notice..now i got your point..that you have received FP notice with some sort of stamp after your FP was done..but I dont think they sent this type of notice to everyone/rarely..
I thought you got second FP notice..now i got your point..that you have received FP notice with some sort of stamp after your FP was done..but I dont think they sent this type of notice to everyone/rarely..
No comments:
Post a Comment