Print Journal Acceptance!

So I stop by the mail on my home and find one single piece of mail in the box - an acceptance letter from Permafrost!!!! This is MY FIRST PRINT JOURNAL acceptance!!!! Not just published online, but an actual literary journal published physically by a university press!!!!!

Yes, I feel like extensive use of exclamation points are called for. The piece I submitted was a nonfiction piece called "New Year's Eve Bonfire" about a party my brother took me to when I was just a teenager and glimpsing the larger things of the world. It's intentionally nostalgic feeling, but without getting too sappy.

After reading so many rejection letters, it feels so GOOD to read an acceptance letter about why they liked your work and thought it was unique, and now I've gotten two in one week!

No comments:

Post a Comment